For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Ah, the good old Price-Greiss matchup.
- Islanders let Sorel-Tracy, QC native Anthony Beauvillier take a few solo laps before warmups, a classic rookie tradition.
- So a Quebecois rookie playing his first game at the Bell Center, that’s not good news for the Habs, is it?
- I like the puck movement early on.
- Hey, look Greg Pateryn with a solid shift again!
- Beauvillier with the snipe on Price, getting that predictable magic moment out of the way. Good for him!
- Seeing lots of support and team play, I like.
- Danault goes to the box for two minutes to feel shame.
- This PK is looking good - everyone moving.
- Power play alert!
- Is this the Habs? This PP looks awesome!
- Greiss just put Montreal on notice - still 1-0 Isles.
- Trailing one after one.
- Ahahaha McCarron and Emelin with the two-on-one, Emelin ends up shooting.
- Excellent puck cycling in the offensive zone, Habs.
- Greiss’ glove, man. Holy crap.
- Don’t look now, but the Islanders are up by two. Habs need three goals to win.
- Emelin and Weber looked terrible on that goal.
- Could we maybe take a shot instead of cycling in circles around the boards?
- All good, just a puck trickling past Carey Price, but it went wide.
- Whoa, Emelin just destroyed John Tavares.
- Clean hit, results in a shorthanded situation for Montreal, as is tradition.
- One goal every six minutes and change, no problem, right?
- Slower start to this one, New York tightening up.
- Uh oh, it’s almost been six minutes.
- THEY DID IT!
- NO, THEY DIDN’T! High stick on the play, no goal.
- Now we’re behind schedule and I fear this may not end well for the Canadiens.
- THEY SCORED!
- Nope, they didn’t again! Punched in by Lehkonen, he knew it, too.
- My wee heart can’t take much more of this.
- Seven minutes left, we’re two goals behind schedule, so this ending is about to get crazy.
- Hey wait, can I curse the Islanders by saying the word? Greiss is pitching a.... SHUTOUT so far.
- Hehehe, watch the goals pour in now.
- Price to the bench, fans booing - Habs deserve better than this tonight.
- Nope, curse didn’t happen. Habs lose 3-0.