For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
*Logs on to Twitter, sees Price left warm-ups early*
Oh joy. We’re all going to die.
- So Pacioretty has seven of the Habs’ sixteen goals lately, but he’s a bad captain, apparently.
- Nathan Beaulieu’s hair is so on point at all times. That’s a legit TSM comment, right?
- Oh right. Staal is on the Rangers now.
- OH LOOK WE GOT THE GOOD VERSION OF SHAW TONIGHT!
- Keep Kreider away from Price. Far, far away from Price.
- Oh man. Shea Weber just saved a goal. Also, please do not hurt Price, Oh my god. Shea. Don’t take out Price. Carey Price's day is going about as well as mine. That is, not well at all.
- Nice to see that other teams have crap power plays too.
- ...Oh dear...Emelin...Habs’ defence... everyone...anyone...is anybody there, does anybody care?
- Every time Kreider goes even remotely close to Price, I want to go hide.
- Thank you Carey.
- Markov might not have amazing foot-speed anymore, but boy is he usually in the right place at the right time anyway.
- Those Shea Weber slap-shot power play goals will never get old. That puck movement was beautiful too.
- GAH Pateryn!! Beau!! What are you doing!!
- Why this. Why Habs. Why. I say again. Where was the defence.
- McDonagh 600% put Gallagher into Lundqvist. That needs to stop. Defencemen need to stop putting players into their own goalies...And of course Gally got a penalty. Because of course.
- Carey Price is back. That windmill. Good lord.
- I’m so glad the Rangers also cannot power play.
- Too much man for NYR
- You know that thing I said about Markov being so good at being in the right place at the right time? That.
- Really Habs? Really?
- Well, that was a good shift to start the third from the Habs.
- What a pretty chance from Prince Artturi.
- The announcers are praising Andrew Shaw for a fantastic defencive play, but I’'m not actually sure he did anything there?
- That being said, Shaw is definitely having a good game.
- Half a period left, and I have no idea which way this game is going to go. Though, I can’t help feeling like it’s going to end badly...on a weird bounce.
- It’s amazing how much dislike I feel for certain Rangers, based fully on that one playoff series. Yes THAT one.
- I say nice things about Shaw, and then he does this. Really Andrew? Really?
- Habs, if you don’t win, the fricking Ottawa Senators will take the division. And that’s just gross.
- At least Carey is Carey.
- OH NO, NOT PATERYN. (Though, if he’s hurt, they can’t trade him...)
- Aaand to OT we go.
- At least we get a point?
- Price can tie Dryden??? GET HIM THE WIN BOYS. GET IT FOR HIM NOW.
- Carey Price is Carey Price. Unfortunately, Henrik Lundqvist is also Henrik Lundqvist.
- AHG CHUCKY. That was less than good.
- Too bad Plek wasn’t Paulie there.
- Imagine if Pacioretty had scored. What a pass by the General.
- Pacioretty and Markov are looking pretty amazing here.
- The post. He hit the post.
- OH GOOD LORD. CAREY. “It’s Carey Price who holds court in overtime.” Now that is a nice turn of phrase. I approve.
- Aaaaaand to the shoot-out we go.
- I hate the shootout so much.
- Ew. Zucc, that was gross.
- Oh my goodness that Radulov backhand was stellar.
- Surprising lack of dekes from Chucky
- Carey Price is magnificent. Have I mentioned lately?
- PAUL BREAKAWAY BYRON
- HABS WIN 3-2!!!
- Carey Price is tied with Ken Dryden.
Highlight of the Game
Everybody owes Carey Price a steak dinner: pic.twitter.com/tn92kG0Xng— Marc Dumont (@MarcPDumont) February 22, 2017
EOTP Three Stars of the Game