For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Alex Galchenyuk returns!
- Dale Weise also returns for the Flyers. So no shutout.
- Also no Travis Konecny or Shayne Gostisbehere for the Flyers. For some reason.
- Flyers are wearing their white Heritage jerseys tonight, so we get a #ThrowbackThursday with the visiting Habs in their reds.
- Canadiens have won one of their last 10 games in Philadelphia. So that bodes well.
- Even with the Flyers wearing white, that’s a whole lot of orange.
- Weise introduces Nesterov to the Philadelphia boards. Probably jealous of the new guy.
- Radulov with the two pad stack to block a shot. Effective.
- Nikita Nesterov one-timer! From Galchenyuk and Markov. Like music to my ears.
- Habs doing a decent job of keeping shots wide and clearing rebounds so far. Refreshing.
- Oh there are referees here. Torrey Mitchell will go to the box and feel shame for tripping.
- Price stopping a point-blank shot from Schenn, as he does.
- Penalty over, period over! Still 1-0 Good Guys!
- Price with some big saves early. The Habs probably won’t try to sit on a one goal lead for two periods, will they?
- Price went for a little skate just to taunt the Flyers with the puck and a wide open net.
- Nesterov with another good chance on the delayed penalty. I like this kid.
- The ticker at the top of my tv screen says this is a Habs powerplay but looking at the play, I’m not so sure.
- And the Habs manage to kill off the powerplay
- Radulov narrowly avoids a hit from Radko Gudas. I have some thoughts to share, but this is a family show.
- Neuvirth makes a save and holds the puck ... except the puck is actually nowhere near him anymore.
- Wide open net for Raffl but Jeff Petry magically apparates apparently to save the day and block the shot.
- Another period ending, another Canadiens penalty.
- At least they can’t sit on a one goal lead for another period!
- Plekanec maybe gets away with a trip, possibly by also falling immediately. Good strategy.
- Habs continue their generosity by helping another NHLer snap a goalless drought. Matt Read sends a knucklepuck past Price for his first in 26 games.
- Habs get a glorious chance, then a Flyers breakaway, Price save, and Habs penalty. Life comes at you fast.
- Paul Byron shorthanded chance. Also water is wet and the sun rose and set today.
- 90 seconds left in a one goal game. Habs are showing less urgency than I am waiting for the game to end to use the bathroom.
- Emptynetter. That’ll do it. Habs lose 3-1.
If you’d like to revisit this game, check out this gallery here
EOTP 3 Stars
Third star: The night started out with such promise
Second star: And things seemed to be going the Habs’ way
First star: But in the end it was just another snoozer
Habs Highlight of the Night
Nikita Nesterov scores his first with the Canadiens