For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Anyone else keeping their fingers crossed for a a Winter Classic-like return for Brendan Gallagher tonight?
- Andrew Shaw seeks revenge for Torey Krug’s December hit and wastes no time dropping the gloves at 58 seconds in. Alright. Now please behave.
- Galchenyuk and Gallagher creating havoc in the offensive zone already. Oh, Gally, how you have been missed.
- Michael MacCarron just tackled a Bruin out of nowhere to
- Tomas Plekanec came in all alone, but he shot the puck right into the chest of Tuukka Rask.
- Bleh. Adamn McQuaid gets the shot into the open net from a cross-ice pass.
- Brandon Carlo off to the box for high sticking. Let’s make something happen!
- Or, you know, not.
- Huh? Too many men for the Bruins? Another powerplay for the Habs? I’ll take it.
- Aaand Brad Marchand gets a hook on Radulov. Perfect time to get things evened up, if you ask me..
- Goddammit, Rask. Stop getting in the way of the puck.
- No call for that slash on Weber’s stick? Alright, then.
- How many whistles have we had this period? I feel like it’s almost time for bed.
- That was one hell of a shift by Brendan Gallagher. Someone’s hungry.
- Nathan Beaulieu off to the box for holding.
- And Patrice Bergeron takes an interference call 30 seconds into their man advantage. Time for a little 4 on 4.
- Oh, great. Zdeno Chara gets the SHG as Beaulieu comes back onto the ice. 2-0 Bruins.
- To add insult to injury, Andrei Markov is called for tripping, sending the Bruins right back to the powerplay. Fork in the road? I hope not.
- Bruins fans have started the “Carey” chants, and not those of the Bell Centre variety. How rude.
- The linesman gets jabbed with a high stick right off the face off and heads to the locker room, because things are tough all over.
- A turnover at the blue line left David Pastrnak all alone in front of Carey Price, but #31 was there with the answer.
- So many things are happening. Alexander Radulov gets a chance right in front, then the Habs are hemmed in their own zone at the other end. Crazy chances for everyone, but the goalies stay strong.
- Michel Therrien calls a timeout after the Canadiens ice the puck to relieve the pressure.
- Get your hands off of Brendan Gallagher, Bruins.
- Oh, the Minnesota Wild beat the Detroit Red Wings 6-3? Must be nice.
- Boston off to the powerplay once again as Radulov gets called for hooking.
- 3-0 Bruins. Good grief. Second goal of this variety tonight. Is it time for vacation yet?
- The Carey chants have started again, and Bruins get called for hooking.
- With 14.7 seconds to go, Beaulieu is called yet again for getting the chop on Chara.
- At this point, I’m just hoping the Canadiens can make it out of this period alive.
- Petry’s hammer shot just nailed Brendan Gallagher in the chest. Fingers crossed for #11.
- Oh god. That was a painful goal for Carey Price. 4-0 Boston.
- Kevin Miller called for interference, like it even matters at this point. (Yes, I have thrown my optimism out the window).
- I feel like the puck has been in everyone’s skates instead of on their sticks this evening.
- Galchenyuk gets four minutes for high sticking, and I think it’s time for tea.
- The gloves are dropped for the second time in this game as Michael McCarron takes things into his own hands to tangle with Kevin Miller.
- Bruins are on a powerplay for McCarron’s goaltender interference. Can’t Boston just take the bloody yards?
- Yep, that’s it. I think we could all use a vacation after that one. 4-0 final Boston. (Are we in trouble? We have a whoooole week to figure it out.)
EOTP 3 Stars
3. Maybe a GoFundMe campaign?
2. Well, well, well, look at Mr. Positive over here.
- Just about sums it up.