For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
I never know what to expect from the Habs anymore, so I’m just going to say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
- Soo...how many goals is Tarasenko going to score tonight.
- Surprise, surprise, the most dangerous shift from the Habs is definitely the Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov line. Followed by an equally nice shift from the Byron/Galchenyuk line.
- Huh. The Habs look a lot better than I expected they would.
- Ah. See, now that was what I was afraid of. All your fluky goals are belong to us.
- Well, at least that was a great penalty kill.
- NOW THAT’S MORE LIKE IT! Great shift from the first line, and that ridiculous Shea Weber shot.
- Oh that would have been such a sweet goal from Shaw...
- Wow. The Habs really came to play in this period!
- Oh no McCarron, please be careful...
- Of course it’s Perron who scores. Because of course it is.
- The Habs goalies are making me very nervous.
- I do not know what anyone on the ice is doing. The Blues are a mess, the Habs are a mess...
- What a monster shift from the Habs. They’re looking pretty good tonight.
- AND THAT’S MY BOY!!! What a nice shot from Nate, and the tip from the Cap!
- Andrighetto wants that goal badly. The hockey gods should definitely get on that for him.
- I hate everything. That screen was ridiculous. Poor Al.
- Every time the Pacioretty-Danault-Radulov line is on the ice, amazing things happen. Every single time.
- Oh. Berglund has never scored a hat trick before? Great. Enjoy your hat trick.
- See, that’s what I mean about the Danault line. I’m pretty sure they’ve had at least one chance every shift this game.
- Dear someone in red, please score another goal. Thanks.
- Like now. On the power play.
- Markov’s stick falling apart on the power play. I resent this. On the other hand, hey. They actually look like a power play. What is this madness.
- This may be the Habs’s best game in a while. So naturally, they’re losing.
- The broadcasters keep talking about how good the Habs are at overcoming deficits...and every time the mention it, I just become that much more sure that they’re doomed to lose.
- Montoya pulled, Habs swarming...
- SO you know that thing I said about Berglund?
- Habs lose 4-2.
EOTP 3 Stars
Third star: You guys don’t seem to appreciate the brilliance of Garry Galley’s commentary
Second star: Artist’s interpretation of the Shea Weber slapshot
First star: And it’s not even Valentine’s Day yet
Habs Highlight of the Game
After a great shift by Radulov, the Captain tips in a beautiful Beaulieu shot for his 28th of the year!