Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Among many other acquisitions, Marc Bergevin is likely salivating at the prospect of acquiring the likes of Matt Duchene, but is the Habs’ GM willing to pay the price of admission? Word is he’s definitely interested. [TSN 690]
- With the arrival of a new blue-liner and the return of many an injured player, just how Nikita Nesterov fit in to the Canadiens’ roster? And how possible will it be for Marc Bergevin to make upgrades before the trade deadline? [TSN 690]
- The Canadiens organization unveiled the logo and colors of their new farm team, the Laval Rocket on Tuesday. The final results are crisp, clean and classic. [EOTP]
- At a first glance, season ticket pricing for the new Laval team are surprisingly... fair. [Twitter]
- And if we’re going to stick with the subject of the Laval Rocket, next year’s coaching staff shoudn’t see any changes.
#Habs GM Marc Bergevin said he expects the same coaching staff next year in Laval.— Jared Book (@jaredbook) January 31, 2017
- Les Canadiennes will play their 7th annual Pink in the Rink game this coming weekend versus the Toronto Furies in support of breast cancer awareness, education and research. Tickets for the game can be purchased here. You can also catch a live broadcast on Sportsnet this Saturday at 3:45PM EST.
- Starting today, you can bid on game-worn Royal Newfoundland Regiment tribute jerseys and will run until the 8th of February. [IceCaps]
Around the league and elsewhere
- Mitch Marner for Patrik Laine? Hey, it’s not that crazy. [TSN]
- Look at that, Vladimir Tarasenko is a Gryffindor.