- These Hockey Night in Canada openers just keep getting worse and worse - let’s just get to the hockey please
- Do the Habs ever get tired of setting up Shea Weber with a slapper on the PP? No. The answer is no.
- I really like Daniel Carr
- Charles Hudon loses the puck to Darnell Nurse but then immediately poke checks it away from Milan Lucic in a diving play. Can we clone him.
- Michael Cammlleri scores his first in 37 game and of course it’s against us
- Jesse Puljujarvi scores
- BUT WAIT. The puck didn’t actually go in and for once the refs make the right call during a review
- Carey Price plays the puck - poorly - and Dylan Strome knocks it down and over to Jujhar Khaira who scores. 2-0 at the end of the first.
- Khaira with his second of the night, 3-0 Oilers
- Montreal looks like theyre standing still
- And now the Oilers get a power play. At least it’s terrib...Lucic scores.
- Price pulled and Antti Niemi is in
- Best line of the night so far = fourth line. Yikes.
- Andrew Shaw fighting – I am not surprised in the least. Is that really the best way to ‘motivate’ your bench
- Remember last Saturday when we were winning like 6-0 at this point
- Ladies and gents, Alex Galchenyuk! Can all the haters please back off now or what
- Does anyone else struggle with Game Centre buffering every 30 seconds
- Mercy, what a save by Niemi
- End of the second, 4-1
- Brendan Gallagher takes a bad penalty and yes, now it’s 5-1
- Maybe if I have as many shots of whiskey as Edmonton has goals, I will feel better about this game
- Max Pacioretty is the most underrated and most shit-on player in the league. It is infuriating.
- Phillip Danault scores his sixth of the season on the power play
- Fans boo as time runs out
- Overall, a pretty embarrassing performance. Onto the next one
Highlight of the night
Great pass by Jeff Petry and the "struggling" Alex Galchenyuk tips home his seventh goal of the year. pic.twitter.com/77gTihi2VD— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) December 10, 2017
EOTP 3 Stars
3. And delivered
2. Who else misses Tim Thompson’s video intros?
1. This seemed the most fitting