Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Max Pacioretty thinks the Habs would benefit from eliminating morning skates. [Sportsnet]
- The captain misses playing with Alexander Radulov, but Pacioretty hopes to bring more of the Russian’s style of play to the table. [The Athletic]
- In the times he’s been called up, Daniel Carr has been an improvement for the fourth line. [Montreal Gazette]
- The Habs recently lost Brandon Davidson on waivers to Edmonton, but Marc Dumont joined the Morning Show to discuss whether that was a smart move. [TSN 690]
- Despite a loss to the Blues on Tuesday, the Canadiens are looking much better since their rough start to the season. [Sportsnet]
- Brendan Gallagher is dominating from the Habs’ “third line.” [The Athletic]
Around the league and elsewhere
- The role of the NHL defenceman is evolving, and that can be seen best in some of the league’s up-and-coming talent. [Elite Prospects]
- Sweden announced their preliminary roster for the 2018 World Junior Championship.
- Bob McKenzie reflected on why it may be time for Seattle to join the NHL. [TSN]
- It’s the beginning of the month, which means it’s time for updated 2018 NHL Draft prospect rankings. [ISS Hockey | Sportsnet]
- Shayne Gostisbehere had a lot of people help him get to where he is now, but he owes a special thanks to his sister. [The Players’ Tribune]
- Team Canada now has an official camp roster for WJC.