- The fourth line has been incredible recently, but you still have to take into account the talent of those players. Deslauriers is the motor of that line; it should still be as effective with a player from the top nine coming down instead of out.
- Pacioretty gets space at the offensive blue-line, moves in and SCORES!!
Patches (like everyone else) is at his best when he can gain the zone with space to attempt a shot. The speed difference from coming late through the neutral zone allows him to do that on the disallowed goal. pic.twitter.com/HpYU40lhl4— David St-Louis (@RinksideView) December 23, 2017
- #67 can't catch a break. The NHL really understands how to make the game exciting. Are you having fun?
- Jakub Jerabek has been good with his passes, but he slows the play down too much. He would be more effective at helping his offence gain the offensive zone with faster execution.
- 1-0 Claude Julien.
- Joe Morrow continues to be overly aggressive. This is the cause of at least a two-on-one chance against per game. Eliminating that from his play might make his qualities outweigh his flaws as a depth defenceman.
- 2-0 Claude Julien.
- Byron Froese is making a legitimate case for first star of the game with his play. Life comes at you fast.
- Gallagher deserved that goal. It was just a matter of time with seven shots on net so far.
- Let's hope this goal from Calgary is not the spark that ignites the Flames.
- Okay, this is getting scary. Is this punishment for the bad pun?
- That empty-netter attempt from below mid-ice was uncharacteristic from Pacioretty. He knows better.
- It's over! 3-2 Habs.
Highlight of the night
Sweet hands by Nic Deslauriers to swat this puck out of midair for his 4th goal of the year pic.twitter.com/1iJpfcONme— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) December 23, 2017
EOTP 3 Stars
1. There’s just no topping this tonight