For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Oh Pacioretty was ROBBED. Nifty pass by Byron too. Good lord.
- I think Carey heard you idiots saying he doesn’t care. He’s on fire tonight, with or without a stick.
- Look. I acknowledge that most people don’t feel like I do about Beaulieu, but seeing Jerabek wearing #28 is still #TooSoon.
- Everyone is losing their sticks. Biega’s goes flying too.
- Oh lookit that. Alzner did a thing that didn’t make me want to scream and pull my hair out on the PK.
- Speaking of PKs, that was a pretty good one.
- Hey uh...Habs...maybe get some shots??
- Stop. Taking. Penalties.
- Goddamn it. VANEK? Wow. Where have I been. I had no idea he was in Vancouver. Ugh.
- Where the hell were any of the defencemen??? Or really, anyone in a white sweater?
- Tomorrow is Andrei Markov’s birthday. I want him back. Can we please have him back?
- O DANNY BOY, THE SNIPES, THE SNIPES ARE CALLING.
- Habs don’t make me shake you.
- Oh poor Burmistrov. I think he’s going to need some serious burn cream for that comment...
- HOLY WOW DESLAURIERS. Also, Petry dancing into the offensive zone. I didn’t know Petry could dance like that. I didn’t know Froese could pass like that, and I sure as hell didn’t know Deslauriers could SCORE like that.
- Oh lord the post.
- Aaaaand Vanek again. Why this.
- Where was everyone not named Jeff Petry??? Why were they all by the benches??? Why are you like this, Habs??? What are you doing??
- WHAT THE HELL. WHAT WAS...WHAT EVEN. OH MY GOD? DESI????
- If you had told me that a Hab would have two goals, I would NEVER have guessed Deslauriers. But here we are.
- Uggggghhhhh. 34 seconds. you couldn’t hold the lead for 34 seconds.
- Danny Boy is very good at the whole hockey thing.
- Who needs Shea Weber? We have Jeff Petry. I love Jeff Petry, have I mentioned that recently? Because I really, really do.
- PAULIE. AND NOT EVEN ON THE BREAKAWAY. WOW. The Habs’ passing game is ON today.
- Thank you Carey.
- And again.
- And again.
- Please get the puck out of your own end, Habs...
- Dang. Gally never stops battling.
- There are not a lot of blue jerseys in the crowd. There ARE a lot of red jerseys :D
- OY DON’T PUSH PLAYERS INTO CAREY PRICE. GO TO THE BOX AND FEEL SHAME.
- Ugh. Froese, really?
- Bless you Carey.
- Dear Habs. Again, I ask, what are you doing.
- Oh god Carey. Thank you again.
- Oh hey look at Danault all alone at the blue line....HOLY CHUCKY. Henrik Sedin was so busy watching Danault, that he didn’t notice that Galchenyuk had sneaked past him!
- The net is empty, and there are olés in Vancouver!
- Goddamn it Thomas Vanek.
- DANAULT, DANAULT, DANAULT, DANAUUUUUULT, DANAUUULTTT, HABS WIN!!
- Wowweeee that was a wild game.
- Habs win 7-5!!!!
Highlight of the Game
Dancing, passing through skates, and an unexpectedly brilliant finish. This goal had it all.