For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- So this past week has been pretty exciting.
- Three-game winning streak for the Habs.
- Gallagher is leading the team with 12 points.
- Charlie is STILL undefeated in his NHL career with a 5-0-0 record.
- And Drouin took his pants off on the bench.
- If that doesn’t scream fun, I don’t know what does.
- And we’re off!
- So, no Drouin or Weber tonight. Gonna have to pull up your socks tonight boys.
- I vote Benn picks up the slapshot slack and umm...Price takes his pants off. He’s not doing much at the moment. Who’s with me?
- Tyler Ennis beats Lindgren but not the goalpost. Bless you goalpost.
- Chucky quickly fights back with a swift pass to Alzner who knocks it in past Dubnyk!
- Call is no goal. Reviewing for high stick.
- Call on the ice stands. So it’s gonna be like that, hey?
- On to the first power play of the night. Here we go Habs. We’re getting the hang of this thing now.
- Torrey Mitchell looking pretty good out there. You heard me. I said Torrey Mitchell.
- Morrow heads to the box for “tripping”. So standing near Niederreiter - who wipes out all on his own - is now considered tripping. Because it’s that kinda game.
- Byron and Plekanec fly down the ice two-on-one but nadda.
- You realize Lindgren is up against his home team that could have signed him after the 2015 development camp, right? * Cue evil laugh *
- With a soft feed from Byron, Gallagher almost fools Dubnyk. Almost doesn’t count.
- Off to our second power play of the night. First one was just practice. This time we have a plan.
- Plan was: just try your best, getting a goal doesn’t matter. Participation ribbon for everyone.
- Off to a little four-on-four as Alzner and Zucker head to the sin bin.
- Galchenyuk leading the team with five SOG. I smell confidence.
- This game has been strangely even so far. Even power-plays, even penalty minutes, and pretty even shots on goal.
- You know what we need? Not-so-even scoring.
- Third period. Third power-play of the night. Time to kick it up a notch.
- A backhanded shot by Zucker gets the Wild on the board with a shorthanded goal to break the stalemate.
- Not exactly what I meant by not-so-even scoring.
- Niederreiter fell down in the corner. Shouldn’t a random Hab get called for tripping?
- Charlie came to play! There will be no more goals for you Minnesota.
- Lindgren takes a delay of game penalty. Time for our shorthanded goal. I see what you did there Charlie.
- Seriously? Zucker again? Screening Lindgren allows him to tap the puck in to make it 2-0.
- Hudon ruined Dubnyk’s chances of a shutout and makes it 2-1 with five minutes left!
- Goalie interference challenge. Spoiler alert: It was not.
- Goal is waved off. Because it’s that kinda game.
- You have GOT to be kidding me. Zucker with a hat-trick after an empty-netter to make it 3-0.
- If only Jason Zucker wasn’t playing tonight.
Highlight of the night
Lindgren flashes the leather and robs Eric Staal! pic.twitter.com/H1mR5eY2pc— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) November 10, 2017