Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Brendan Gallagher admits his team needs more mental toughness, while calling out the team on “unacceptable” effort Thursday night. [TSN]
- Frank Seravalli invites a pair of former NHL goaltenders to discuss the un-Carey-Price-like season that Carey Price is currently having. [TSN]
- Part of the explanation surely lies in the all-star suffering from a lower-body injury. Montreal has recalled Charlie Lindgren to back up Al Montoya while Price recovers. [EOTP]
- The call-up is a perfect example of the advantage Montreal gets from having the Rocket so close. [Montreal Gazette]
- In the newest episode of the CHat, Phillip Danault and Jonathan Drouin discuss a variety of topics. [Canadiens]
- After a rough showing in Minnesota, it looks like the Habs had some fun at the expense of Andrew Shaw.
.@shawz15er, as-tu perdu un pari? / Andrew, did you lose a bet? ♂️ #GoHabsGo pic.twitter.com/UgaSf6rl5w— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) November 3, 2017
- Byron Froese was named the first ever captain of the Laval Rocket. [Rocket YouTube]
- Prospect Joni Ikonen is showing off his offensive skill this year. [The Athletic]
- Lukas Vejdemo notched his fifth of the season in less than a minute on Friday.
#Habs prospect Lukas Vejdemo opens the scoring 41 seconds into the game. His 5th goal of the season. @HabsEOTP pic.twitter.com/l71dPmDJzl— Patrik Bexell (@Zeb_Habs) November 3, 2017
- Ryan Poehling added a goal of his own:
WATCH: @ryanpoehling tie it up for the Huskies making it 2-2! pic.twitter.com/xxu4jVk9PB— Husky Productions (@hphky) November 4, 2017
Around the league and elsewhere
- Alexander Radulov is off to a hot start in Dallas with 11 points in 13 games, but still has to field questions about his former team. Radu confirms he’s moved on from his time in Montreal. [La Presse]
- This year is a crucial one in the development of Nikita Zadorov; the Colorado Avalanche need to figure out how to make the most of it. [MHH]
- Analysis, no matter what statistic you use, has no set standard. The Winnipeg Jets are an example of just how NHL teams have yet to determine a clear-cut method to evaluate their teams. [AIH]
- Rasmus Dahlin is still the most discussed prospect ahead of next summer’s draft, and the defenceman is only adding to his stock with strong play in Sweden.
What kind of impact does Rasmus Dahlin have in the SHL? Well, pretty darn big. pic.twitter.com/fE0UIaVXcD— Uffe Bodin (@UffeBodin) November 2, 2017
- You have to see it to believe it. Former Habs goaltender Cristobal Huet, at 42 years of age, throwing down the gloves for a rumble. [TVA Sports]
- There is growing support for the idea of eventually merging both professional women’s hockey leagues in North America. [NY Times]
- The growth of the women’s game has been spurred on in part by college hockey. [The Crimson]