- Second game of the season! Well. That first goal came quick. Alex Ovechkin gets one just 20 seconds into the first. It’s ok, we will get this ba...
- T.J. Oshie scores 26 seconds later. It’s going to be one of those nig...
- Ovechkin scores his second two minutes later
- Habs are looking absolutely flat footed, may as well pull Carey Price and have him fresh for tomorrow
- And there’s the hat trick for Ovechkin. Second in as many nights. Unreal
- Okay - let’s get it back!
- Al Montoya starts the second, safe to assume the Price will get the nod tomorrow against New York
- The Habs definitely have their legs back, a little quicker to the puck, capitalizing on Washington’s errors (pun intended)
- Paul Byron remains one of the best signings in recent Habs’ history as he sets up Brendan Gallagher for a short handed goal to get the Canadiens on the board
- My god, Braden Holtby is the man. This game could easily be tied by now
- Can Mark Streit go Streit to another team
I have absolutely no idea what Mark Streit is doing here, but it leads to the Caps fifth goal pic.twitter.com/A0Bp0lrwob— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) October 8, 2017
- Charles Hudon is still rocking a CF% of 85 so far tonight, Victor Mete has arguably been the strongest defenceman this evening, so there’s still some positives to focus on
- Things are getting a little rocky as Byron gives Holtby an extra tap after a save
- Shea Weber doing Shea Weber things and simply destroying Lars Eller
- Byron finds himself in the middle of another scuffle
- Hudon continues to charge the Capitals’ net
- And that’s that. Ovechkin steals the show and Montreal looks ahead to battling the New York Rangers on Sunday
Highlight of the night
Shea Weber just plants Lars Eller with a massive hit pic.twitter.com/9xpyp3yUN7— Scott Matla (@scottmatla) October 8, 2017
EOTP 3 Stars
3. One of my least favourite teams...
2. You’ll have to forgive him for the confusion
1. It’s time like this when the game thread goes from party to support group.