For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
I don't know why I keep taking Sens games. It's a recipe for annoyance and disaster. Yet here we are.
Here's to hoping that the tide has turned on a terrible October.
- ...That's not what I meant. That is the exact opposite of what I meant. Brandon, Brandon why.
- That is a LOT of icings in the first two minutes.
- Oh right, Karlsson is back. I forgot about that. What a machine.
- CHAAARRRLEESSSSSS!! Finally. That is quite the roar for an away game...
- O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN. That was glorious. I don't believe it. The Habs never get those bounces anymore!!!
- Oh my.
- (Please stop)
- (Unless you're Prince Artturi and his band of merry men, in which case, carry on!)
- Oh my Charles. The flood gates have apparently opened!
- That was quite the shot from McCarron.
- SO was that!! One-handedly shoving over Phaneuf. (Yes, I'm aware he slipped. Let me have this.)
- That was a pretty terrific penalty kill. And quite a first period!! Wow.
- That Sens player just deliberately put himself in front of a Shea Weber shot. Yikes.
- Smith and Davidson fighting now. I say fighting. It was more like wrestling with a few punches, Smith getting in more than Davidson. And I was just gonna say that this period looked a little more orderly and crisp than the previous one.
- Well, the penalty kill is looking better.
- Aaaand no sooner do I say that than they give up a PP goal. Alzner...is not good.
- WHAT. WAS. THAT. I haven't seen a scramble that mad in...ever??
- Wow, Andrew Shaw being fancy! That was a pretty wrap around attempt even though it didn't hit the net.
- Oh. My. Goodness. Chucky. What a goal. What a pass from Jordie.
- BGALLY WANTS IN ON THE ACTION. CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP.
- Bonus for Gally, he made Stone look like an idiot. This is always good in my books. Always.
- Don't get complacent. Please don't get complacent...
- Aww now Condon is in nets, and I will feel sad if they continue to light the Sens up!
- FINALLY. PLEK.
- It's so much more fun to be on this side of the goal scoring...
- Chuck and Drou playing together 4-on-4 was beautiful. More please.
- No matter how a game is going, or how he's doing, Pageau anywhere near the Habs’ net makes me nervous. I've been conditioned for it.
- LEHK JUST SCORED FROM BEHIND THE GOAL LINE OFF CONDON'S BACK.
- I could really use more nights like this from Montreal in the future.
- Get someone a hatty. Hell. Get two someones a hatty.
- I lied. I don't feel at all sorry about lighting up Condon. Sorry Mike.
- While I appreciate that you stopped the goal, please don't run into your goalie, Petry.
- The olés are deafening in Ottawa tonight!
- HAAAABSSSS WINNNNNNNN 8-3!!!!!!!!
- I'd say that's a very satisfying end to October.
Highlight of the Game
Not only was it Hudon's first NHL goal, but it was a beauty.
EOTP 3 Stars
3. A fair question
2. If this were still Week 1, you probably would have been right.
1. That’s a pretty good summary of the game.