- As a bald man, I support Brendan Gallagher’s attempt to change Montreal’s luck.
- OK, Habs, let’s get a 21st century win in San Jose!
- I dig the new shoulder patches on the Sharks’ jerseys.
- I’m still not convinced Jonathan Drouin is a centre.
- Refs didn’t call Shaw for tripping there, hooray!
- Uh oh, Price has no stick.
- Oh. Behind again...
- Wait, no we’re not! Jonathan Drouin is an amazing top line centre!
- Slashing call - at least these penalties have been consistent all year.
- The two glowing ads on the boards are slightly lower than all the other ads, it’s mildly infuriating.
- Nice play by Danault to hit Plek coming out of the penalty box.
- Mete is very composed out there. His offensive zone pinching is always well-executed and often defensively risk-free.
- The first period is over and the Canadiens aren’t losing!
- Bouncy puck to open the second period, and back to losing.
- Pacioretty played on the PK, and Julien sent Alex Galchenyuk to take the captain’s next shift on the top line. Good for Chucky.
- Ouch, the Habs are in a world of Hertl. 3-1.
- A penalty to not Montreal, I’ll allow it.
- Shea Weber with a PPG. Back to a one-goal deficit.
- With an assist on the Weber goal, that also makes it a cool, crisp 100 NHL points for Jonathan Drouin.
- Oh Charles Hudon, no...
- Oh. Oh no. Couture gets his second of the night. Carey Price with 4 GA already.
- It’s a challenge!
- If they overturn the goal, does Hudon have as long and lonely a skate back to the box?
- Doesn’t matter, we have a good hockey goal.
- Power play Habs. Based on the last two power plays this period, Montreal should score here.
- You know, or not.
- Are these referees getting paid by the penalty tonight? They’ve all been legit calls, but there sure are a lot of man advantages in this period.
- Finally the second is over. Claude Julien better have a good pep talk in him.
- Power play - so this is going to keep happening the rest of the night.
- Neither of the Habs’ PP units actually looks threatening out there right now.
- Vlasic the newest member of the accidental Shea Weber shot victim club.
- Don’t look now, but the equipment manager found something Michel Therrien left behind: the line blender.
- It’s beginning to look like the Habs are giving up hope that this game will turn around.
- MAN MOUNTAIN crushed Donskoi.
- Morrow wanted to take a penalty there.
- Can this night get any worse?
- Yes, yes it can - Drouin is down. California, why must you do this to our Habs?
- More penalties. Whatever.
- Make it another loss in San Jose, hockey gods. See you again next year.
Highlight of the night
EOTP 3 Stars
3. The Markov Malediction
2. Lookin’ good
1. At this point, it might be worth considering