For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Go IceHabs!
- Matt Martin is a Mustard Tiger
- Um, please don’t let anyone else get hurt?
- I literally got up to get a beer and Max Pacioretty has already scored
- LOLOL Kadri, Radulov will eat you for breakfast,afternoon tea,second breakfast,and lunch if you try to fight him.
- L’ARTTISTE! I absolutely love how this game is going already.
- Oh, that Marner kid is pretty good eh? Now listen to Hughson fawn over him for three hours!
- This should be fun, apparently the Leafs are going to score on every shot it seems.
- And it just had to be Nazem Kadri didn’t it?
- MANGOAL! His first NHL goal and I’m celebrating like he’s my son.
- Only Don Cherry could proclaim that Canada is the best at hockey, not even a week after Canada lost to the US in a major tournament.
- Once again, I’m out of the room to start the period, come back to Radulov doing amazing things.
- (This totally means the game ends 8-7 right?)
- Michael McCarron does not like it when you poke at Carey Price, lesson learned right Josh Leivo?
- I know some people aren’t big fans of Ryan Johnston, but the kid can skate like the wind, especially under pressure.
- Oh look Matt Martin is fighting a rookie because he’s a Mustard Tigers.
- Also, Farnham, love the heart, but maybe stick to your weight class.
- Oh Zach Hyman, right after the fights, with Shea Weber on the ice you’re gonna try that?
- Well at least the Habs and Leafs rivalry is fun again right?
- I’ve seen this movie before, Habs ice it, Leafs score on a tired defensive group out there.
- I’d like to know what sweet nothings Radulov was whispering to Kadri before that penalty call.
- Weber gets an extra two minutes for extra leadership.
- But Man Mountain Jr. scores! 5-3 Habs!
- Can people please stop hurting our blessed Finnish prince?
- I said please STOP hurting our players, Emelin now down, because no one is allowed to be healthy.
- That’s the first time I’ve noticed Auston Matthews all night, which means he’s going to score any minute now.
- Get out of here Carey Price, good god man that’s not even fair!
- I’m not mad at that Weber penalty, more impressed he managed to shatter his stick over Komarov.
- Habs win 5-3 and Mike Babcock has still not beaten the Habs since taking over in Toronto.
EOTP Three Stars
3.Pun Game Strong
2. I think I can get behind this strategy
- I’m not superstitious, I am however a little stitious
Habs Highlight of the Night:
Nikita Scherbak’s first NHL goal is a beauty