For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
No Jamie Benn, Al Montoya starts, do the Habs have anything in the tank after last night?
- Well, at least the Habs look awake!
- Some very nice offensive zone pressure for the Habs! Except no one can connect on those passes...
- FINALLY. I GOT MY BEAU GOAL. You do not understand how long I’ve been waiting for that. I definitely flew back from Toronto today in my Beaulieu shirt. This is clearly why it happened.
- Oh my goodness that was close. Thank you Danault for saving that almost goal.
- Lovely service dog alert at the game!!
- Don’t fall asleep on the Stars. Bad things will happen. Specifically Seguin.
- Holy crap Al! What a save.
- Mitchell and Sharp???? Well that’s unexpected. I will also 100% take that trade off.
- Beau is feeling his oats tonight, and it is glorious. Give him another one. This after a game where he got the most ice time of all Habs.
- Byron’s not on the bench. O.O
- I can’t believe none of those shots went in. Dallas is fricking terrifying. The net was wide open.
- I’m not actually sure if Dallas is terrifying, or Montoya is making this terrifying. Either way, terror.
- Oh no....giving the Stars a power play can’t possibly end well...
- Yeah...that thing I said? Klingberg scores off the faceoff =/
- Thank you Beau for clearing the puck away from the absolutely gaping net...
- Shots not looking so great anymore...
- Well, at least Team Canada won?
- This power play is not inspiring me with a lot of...RADULOV!!
- I take it back!!! Beau with the assist too!!
- Oh no not Gally. No. Not his hand again.
- On the other hand, that’s some sick passing/shooting from Beau, Weber and Patch.
- And it paid off!!! Cap has a goal. Three points for Beaulieu!
- I am wrapping the rest of the team in bubble wrap. ISTG if Dallas breaks the Habs again...
- Uhhhhhg gross. I think Beau stepped on Montoya’s stick. *sobbing*
- AL MADE A SAVE WITH HIS HEAD, AND DALLAS CAN’T BELIEVE IT.
- The answer was yes. Yes the Habs had more in the tank after last night.
- But now we go to OT =/
- No Byron, no Gally, aaaand they ice the puck off the faceoff. You know that thing I said earlier about terror? Yeah. That.
- O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN. HE HOLDS THE HABS’ ALL TIME RECORD FOR OT GWGS!! HABS WIN 4-3!!!!!
Habs Highlight of the Game
Ridiculous goal by Radulov pic.twitter.com/yNDKX7Kp8z— Marc Dumont (@MarcPDumont) January 5, 2017
EOTP 3 Stars