For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Between the pipes is Mr. Al Montoya, who’s riding a three-game winning streak. #Promising
- It’s no secret that the netminders have had their struggles as of late. #Worrisome
- It’s also no secret that the rest of the team needs to kick it up notch. #BigTime
- Scoring just one measly goal in the last two games. #Ick
- Philip Danult takes a spot on the top line, while Alex Galchenyuk drops to the third. #Lesson
- And we’re off!
- Byron is off to the races but no go. Immediately after Byron is flattened and Barberio is having none of it.
- We’re four minutes in and the Devils fool Montoya with a tip from Taylor Hall.
- Wait, wait! On goes the headset...stick above the crossbar maybe?
- Nope. No Hall. It was all Steven Santini. Call on the ice stands. 1-0 Devils.
- The Habs head to the power play after Miles Wood gets called for slashing Galchenyuk. They practiced this the other day right? Should be a piece of cake.
- Practice makes perfect! Radulov plays a little ‘looky over here’ before sending a beautiful pass to Chucky who quickly makes it even-steven.
- I haven’t seen the Habs with this much oomph in a while. It’s quite enjoyable.
- Pacioretty and Lovejoy continue to dance the Tango. A little shove here. A big ‘ol trip there.
- Emelin gets two for holding and the Habs kill off the penalty. Scoring on the pp and no goals allowed on the pk. So far, so good.
- Radulov gets a little too excited (strange, I know) when his shift starts, and ends up taking a hooking penalty.
- Three minutes later, the Habs head to their third power play of the evening when Kyle Quincy gets called for tripping Pacioretty.
- The Habs continue to dominate SOG; 13-3 halfway through the period.
- Petry has five shots on goal so far. He’s gearing up. Look out Kinkaid. Sixth time’s a charm.
- No goals allowed for the middle frame. The Habs keep their foot on the gas, barely allowing the Devils past the neutral zone.
- Let’s go fellas. To break this stalemate, a dirty goal might be required. Flailing body parts. Off the helmet. Twirl. Bat the puck. Get creative.
- Karl Stollery with a big hit on Beaulieu just 30 seconds in, causes a gathering that results in Mitchell getting two for roughing and Stollery five for boarding.
- Weber scores his ninth pp marker, tickling the twine so hard that the puck gets stuck in the net behind Kinkaid!
- A backhand pass from Radulov to Galchenyuk to Captain Max gives the Habs a two-goal lead. Now that’s creative!
- Oh sweet, sweet revenge.
- Kinkaid heads to the bench with 2:30 left.
- Four straight wins for Montoya + pp and pk success = good Friday night hockey! Habs win 3-1.
Habs Highlight of the Night
Alex Galchenyuk uses a sweet backhand pass to set up Max Pacioretty
EOTP 3 Stars