For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- It’s Martin Luther King day, one thing we should all think about today.
- It’s an Original Six match up in the Joe, it can’t be a bad one... right?
- It’s also my girlfriend’s first Canadiens game; please don’t disappoint!
- That probably means I jinxed it....
- Game hasn’t even started before Nathan Beaulieu is sent to the box.
- Weber breaks the stick of an opponent with his shot, he probably shanked it, yet it looked to be about 85mph...
- This will probably be a PowerKill™️... and yes it was.
- Price being Price is never going to get old...
- This period has been so bad that my girlfriend is now asleep on the sofa...
- De la Rose to the box...
- *checks youtube video on paint drying*
- ... and Vanek plays a bit of tennis... and knows he shouldn’t hit the net.
- Pacioretty to Galchenyuk but no success for the Canadiens.
- The Bar stops Beaulieu, his next shot then breaks Coreau's mask.
- A better period form Montreal but nothing to show for the effort.
- 1-0 Detroit... Vanek (isn’t it typical).
- I really don’t know what to say... this game puts me to zzzzzz....
- Icing time... Not sure that’s how you try and get a goal to tie the game.
- Max goes off for a tripping/hooking, two minutes. Looked like embellishment to me.
- Redmond turns into a machine gun; unfortunately about as accurate... Still 1-0 after a monster shift by Radulov.
- Another power play for Red Wings.
- Still 1-0 though.
- Good save from Coreau, last chance for Montreal?
- I wonder if Montreal can actually get some sustained pressure and pull Price if needed.
- Empty Net Montreal, and...... that’s it, we have a loss.
- On the bright side, there’s still plenty of time to do something fun today.