For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- After having their hats handed to them on Monday night, I really hope they come out with a little more vigor tonight. Do it for Al, boys.
- That was the most dramatic pre-game montage I’ve seen since The Road to the Winter Classic. Don’t show me Gally, it just breaks my heart.
- Emelin is not having any of Wheeler early on as he sends him barreling straight into the net.
- Danault with a beauty of a rebound less than a minute in! 1-0 good guys. (Thank you for hearing my pleas)
- Habs are doing a great job of keeping the Jets out of the offensive zone. Turning them away at every attempt.
- BRIAN FLYNN knocked one in off Hellebuyck. 2-0 with 15 minutes to go.
- Oh dear. Stafford finds Scheifele in the slot to make it 2-1.
- And lovely. Habs follow up a goal against with a penalty in the offensive zone. Things are totally fine. Seven PPG in their last six games? Nope -- not worried.
- Jeff Petry gets a holding call 1:10 seconds into Danault’s penalty. What happened here, guys?
- Exhales. We made it out alive!
- Perreault right in front of the net goes top shelf on Montoya. We’re tied up at two apiece.
- Don’t look now, y’all, but Tomas Plekanec has two goals in as many games. Whatever bug he’s got is working for him. Montreal with the answer less than a minute later means bye-bye Hellebuyk.
- There hasn’t been a goal in over three minutes. What kind of hockey game is this?
- Oh, Brian Little notched his 400th point on the Perreault goal. People, stop reaching your milestones vs the Habs, please.
- Andrighetto, off the bench, gets the tap in 55 seconds into the second! 4-2 Tricolore!
- ...two icing calls in a row. Never change, boys.
- Phillip Danault from end to end makes absolutely no mistake! Their D just gave up there. WHAT HAVE I BEEN TELLING YOU ABOUT THIS GUY?
- Cool. Delay of Game penalty immediately after the 5-2 goal.
- Yep. Totally fine. PPG for WPG. 5-3.
- Danault came inches away from a hat trick with a tap that just couldn’t make it in. Oh, I hope he can get one, though.
- It’s nice to hear words like “offensive” and “attack” strung together when it comes to the Habs.
- Wheeler gets a slash on ‘Ghetto and it’s on to the power play!
- Scheifele takes a blast from Weber. Still breathing.
- No goal on the PP, but it didn’t look half bad.
- Hey, look! Shots are 7-1 Habs this period with 14 minutes gone. That’s fun.
- Byfuglien turned Daniel Carr into a pancake. Here I was hoping to make it out of this game without needing to copy/paste his name.
- Third frame kicks off with just as much speed as the previous two. It’s gonna be a fun one.
- Pacioretty on the breakaway but he can’t get it home. It’s nice that this team can have 5 goals even when he doesn’t score.
- Speaking of... Artturi Lehkonen with the simplest of tips from Shea Weber! 6-3 Canadiens. Where’s an Oprah gif when you need one?
- Hearing the Olés rain down on the home team when the Habs are miles and miles from home gives me the warm and fuzzies.
- Andrighetto gets the post. He’s finally making some noise.
- Chiarot drives Montoya, and the Habs don’t like it. Matthias gets two for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.
- LEHKONEN AGAIN! AND ON THE POWER PLAY! 7-3, and 10 goals for Prince Artturi on the season.
- WPG doesn’t waste time. Ryan Johnston is stripped of the puck and Little goes five-hole on Montoya. Are we going to stop at 11 goals?
- Johnston? Penalty? What? I’m sorry, okay? There are no lulls in this game and I needed a water break.
- Winnipeg yanks their goalie with 3:40 to go. Time for either Danault or Lehkonen to bag that hat trick. Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.
- And that’s a wrap! Habs take it 7-4. Let’s do this again tomorrow night.
EOTP 3 Stars
Habs Highlight of the Night
Danault scores a beautiful goal after an end-to-end rush