No Eller, no Subban, Christian Thomas and Darren Dietz are wearing the wrong shade of red, and neither Alex Ovechkin nor Max Pacioretty are captaining their teams.
Ah the preseason!
- Ouch. Announcers bringing up last season. If you don’t mind, I’d like to forget about that, thank you very much.
- I don’t recognize so many of these numbers. This is going to take some getting used to.
- Amazing! Habs score on the power play! And it was Radulov tipping in Pateryn’s huge point shot! I could get used to that...
- “Large, mean, and nasty is his scouting report” say the announcers about Brett Lernout. They’re certainly not wrong.
- Christian Thomas sighting :(
- I’m really liking all these Pateryn slap shots!
- If I ignore it really hard, will the P.K./Weber trade talk go away? Please? No? Cries.
- Danault has a pretty sweet flow going there!
- Shoooot the puuuckkkkk!!!! Some nice moving on the power play...But no shots.
- BEAUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!! What a pass from Radulov too. Wow.
- Two power play goals, two big plays from Beaulieu and Pateryn, and two pretty moves by Radulov. This is nice. This is very nice indeed.
- It is very strange to be watching the Habs and Carey Price at the same time...not in the same game.
- McCarron is huge. That is all I have to say about that.
- Last year the Habs’ powerplay made me sad. Now it’s totally Rad!
- I’ll see myself out. That was bad. I’m sorry.
- Welp that was not a good goal to let in.
- BUT BYRON SECONDS LATER TO MAKE IT 3-1! Kid’s still got wheels.
- Can I still call Byron a kid? Probably not. Too bad.
- Habs with some splendid zone pressure for quite a while there.
- Oh Jeremy, why. Why must you always do this?
- Hehe Caps announcers just referred to Ryan Johnston as Rebecca Johnston’s brother!!
- Nathan Beaulieu is really having himself a lovely game.
- Scorrey Mitchell with the snipe! 4-1 Habs!!!
- Beau looking really good with a point on every Habs’ goal.
- Uhg Shaw. Really?
- Get it out of the way now while the games don’t count? I guess?
- CAREY WITH A GREAT SAVE...wait a minute, wrong game.
- Somehow, after all that nonsense, Habs end up on the power play...Sneaky Beau, sneaky. Also very illegal, but sneaky.
- Beaulieu continues to be very, very good though.
- Habs are playing quite well for their second game of the year. Lots of pretty, pretty offensive zone time.
- Wow Byron almost had himself another one! #Wheels
- Scorrey Mitchell living up to his name tonight. Hudon with a sweet, sweet feed too.
- Oh Nate, that’s not what you want...
- Oh Zach, that’s really not what you want...
- Some very nice point totals in this game, Beaulieu leading the way with 4!
- Shaw nonsense aside, this was a very good preseason game!
Habs Highlights of the Night
Charles Hudon finds Torrey Mitchell for a great goal:
Alex Radulov enters the zone, shows off some great puck protection, and feeds Nathan Beaulieu for a tap-in goal