Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Artturi Lehkonen hasn't been in Montreal long, but he's already showing he's able to keep up with the likes of Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher. [RDS]
- Speaking of the dynamic trio, Gallagher and Galchenyuk have nothing but praise for the young Finn. [Canadiens]
- A little bit of guidance and advice from his father has helped shape a highly successful pro career for Daniel Carr thus far. [Montreal Gazette]
- Relive some of the Canadiens' greatest moments in history with this series of documentaries. [Radio Canada]
- With their World Cup time over with, both Max Pacioretty and Tomas Plekanec will be back in Habs uniform next week.
Therrien: "Pacioretty et Plekanec sont de retour à Montréal. Ils passeront leurs examens médicaux lundi et seront sur la glace mardi."— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) September 24, 2016
- After a busy off-season and several roster moves, a number of players have the opportunity to force their way into the lineup this season. [Sportsnet]
- While Carey Price is the obvious starter, it looks like veteran Al Montoya has the inside track to the back up job in Montreal. [TSN]
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Former Canadiens centre Lars Eller has kicked off training camp with the Capitals alongside Justin Williams and Marcus Johansson. [Washington Post]
- It looks like Jacob Trouba's time in Winnipeg is over, the young defenceman has requested a trade away from the Jets.
Statement from WPG in response to Trouba/Overhardt statement: pic.twitter.com/alI3HWBZog— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) September 25, 2016
- With P.K. Subban now patrolling the blueline, the Predators' defensive core may finally stop being considered "under-rated". [Today's Slapshot]
- Anze Kopitar is providing fantastic leadership as captain of Team Europe at the World Cup of Hockey. [Puck Daddy]
- Bad news for Penguins fans, Matt Murray suffered an injury at the World Cup and is out for several weeks. [Pensburgh]
- Former St. John's IceCaps forward Bud Holloway suffered a brutal headshot in the KHL from Ivan Kuchin, who was suspended for three games.
Ivan Kuchin has been suspended 3 games for this headshot on Bud Holloway in the KHL... pic.twitter.com/hdu1NtlxnQ— Robert Söderlind (@HockeyWebCast) September 23, 2016