Montreal Canadiens News and Note
- The trade of P.K Subban hit Habs fans hard, but the loss of their role model goes beyond hockey for the black community. [CBC]
- Subban may be headed to Nashville, but his connections with the Montreal Children’s Hospital will stay put. The families there couldn’t be more appreciative or supportive of their hero. [Youtube]
- After inking his three-year deal yesterday, 2016 first-round draft selection Mikhail Sergachev is officially a Hab! [Twitter]
- Carey Price himself has already stated that he’s 100% and ready to go. Hearing it from his goalie coach makes it all the better.
- The St. John’s IceCaps said goodbye to their award-winning top blue-liner after Morgan Ellis signed with the St. Louis Blues. [Twitter]
- Al Montoya is the latest member in the Canadiens gaggle of goalies and is determined to beat all others out during development camp in order to land the coveted spot of Price’s number two. [Journal de Montreal]
- Alex Galchenyuk speaks about his feelings on having to part with not just a teammate, but one of his best friends. [Twitter]
- Ready to put the past behind him, Alexander Radulov is looking forward to joining Shea Weber and the Canadiens. [NHL.com]
Around the League and Elsewhere
- The Nashville Predators' focus on offensive freedom for defencemen could make for a good fit for Subban. [Sports Illustrated]
- Milan Lucic was this close to playing with fellow B.C boys Carey Price, Brendan Gallagher, and Shea Weber of the Montreal Canadiens, but decided to take a different route. [CBS Boston]
- There was a lot of excitement during the free agent frenzy. Who went where, and how does it affect any remaining cap space? [CBS Sports]
- Steve Dangle gets trade-hysterical (i.e. expletive) while discussing that crow may have to be eaten regarding the Subban trade, Steven Stamkos’ wise decision, and the Taylor Hall silver lining. [SportsNet]
- The date is set for the 2017 KHL All-Star Game. [Twitter]
- John Scott joined the TSN team for Free Agent Frenzy. Has he found his new calling?