Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- For a team with a very shallow talent pool when it comes to defensive prospects, selecting a player like Sergachev should be considered a home run. [Journal Metro]
- Speaking of the draft take a look back at the two days in Buffalo, and several new faces donning the CH. [Canadiens]
- The spotlight was on 9th overall pick Sergachev last Friday, take a look at his day in this behind the scenes video.
- And if that isn't enough it seems the young blueliner is also quite the ping-pong wizard.
- Bleacher Report ranked every NHL team's prospect depth, the Habs are unsurprisingly among the league's best overall. [Bleacher Report]
- The tenth annual Canadiens Hockey School has started, and who better to kick it off than Carey Price?
- Rogie Vachon will become the 57th member of the Canadiens to enter the Hockey Hall of Fame in November. [Canadiens]
Around the League and Elsewhere
- ESPN has announced their broadcast team for the World Cup of Hockey with plenty of familiar faces on board. [ESPN]
- Hockey down under? Who better to bring the sport to Australia than the Great One himself. [NHL]
- With recent changes to broadcast teams and production, does it really matter or has hockey lost it's luster? [Globe and Mail]
- Warning if you hang around long enough for photos of Jaromir Jagr, he might just make you a sandwich. [Puck Daddy]
- Major shake ups continue at the home of NHL coverage Sportsnet, and several major faces will be missing at the start of the year.
Glenn Healy gone. Was told it was for financial reasons source says.— David Shoalts (@dshoalts) June 27, 2016
Source says add Billy Jaffe, P.J. Stock, Chantel Desjardins, Corey Hirsch to list of departed. Ron MacLean's return official later today.— David Shoalts (@dshoalts) June 27, 2016
Ron MacLean will host early game on Hockey Night so he can remain with Don Cherry and Hometown Hockey. David Amber late game host.— David Shoalts (@dshoalts) June 27, 2016