Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- In his 30 thoughts column, Elliotte Friedman snuck in a quick opinion that the Habs are testing the waters to see if they could move up in the draft. [Sportsnet]
- If Tomas Plekanec were to pick his own "ultimate team," who would be on it? [Canadiens/Youtube]
- Check out this picture from the archives. Jacques Plante with his famous mask. [Twitter]
- Morgan Ellis swooped in with a master course in chirp artistry against the Maple Leafs after the Penguins won the cup.
- Canadiens prospect Jeremiah Addison congratulated his mother on being named one of Canada's 100 Black women to watch.
Congratulations to my mother on being one of 100 Top Black Women to watch in Canada pic.twitter.com/n492oJHep0— Jeremiah Addison (@addy1zero) June 11, 2016
Around the league and elsewhere
- Congratulations are in order to the Pittsburgh Penguins for winning their fourth Stanley Cup in Franchise history. [Pensburgh]
- EOTP's own Robyn Flynn spoke with Caroline Ouellette on TSN690 [TSN/Soundcloud]
- Marc-Edouard Vlasic had a fan with a pretty great chirp for Sidney Crosby in the crowd last night. Unfortunately it didn't help.
- An artisanal beer dedicated to Jaromir Jagr? Sign me up.
Hi guys! Mrs.Vlasic here. Do you know where the person with this awesome sign is sitting? pic.twitter.com/Yseu3iBpay— Marc-Édouard Vlasic (@Vlasic44) June 13, 2016