So it took me longer than anticipated to get home, and I missed most of the first period as a result. However, it would seem that the Capitals took a lot of penalties, Flyers couldn't score, and that was that!
Caps vs Flyers
- There is a beautifully overdramatic game two preview for the Pens/Rangers game. I love playoff hockey.
- So the Flyers look a lot better than I expected.
- It's really nice to see a powerplay that moves the puck well. The Caps are getting some really quality chances, but no dice.
- Uh oh...Couturier might be done...
- I'm probably a little bit more delighted than I should be that Ryan White gets to play playoff hockey.
- AAAANd he takes a penalty. Oh Whitey.
- Ovi with the reverse Galchenyuk...I mean what?
- Eventually giving up all these powerplays to the Capitals is gonna hurt the Flyers.
- And Caps score. Exactly no one is surprised.
- Shots are 13-3 Washington. I think they may have woken up.
- Oh my....Philly, that's not a good idea. Wow Voracek's beard is really something.
- Uh...you know that thing about not letting the Caps take more powerplays?
- Couturier is done. That's bad news for the Flyers.
- That scrap is why P.K. vehemently told Pacioretty he couldn't take Simmons.
Quick reminder. #PHIvsWSH pic.twitter.com/T8oAmb7Zyg— Philadelphia Flyers (@NHLFlyers) April 15, 2016
- And this game is quickly getting ugly.
- OH man that turnover. Oh man that goal. Was that Voracek??? Oh my.
- AAAAAND the game ends in a furious scrum after the whistle.
- The Holtbeast with the shutout
Panthers vs Islanders
- Dane alert. Frans Nielsen playing with Tavares.
- The Islanders and Panthers are starting off with super short shifts.
- Oh good. I just realized that this isn't the Panthers' announcing team. What a relief. That's possibly the one issue with following the Panthers. The announcers are awful.
- OOOh Purcell scores on the odd man rush. I'm so conflicted. The Islanders are my hometown team, the Barclay's Center is a long, but doable walk from my house, but Jagr and Luongo...
- Uh oh...Jagr is lying on the ice.....
- Apparently he really is indestructible though.
- And we're tied!! Brock Nelson beats Luongo who's several feet out of the crease.
- There's a brawl. Wow. Didn't expect the Islanders/Panthers game to be the more aggressive of the two!
- AND THE PANTHERS SCORE. Sorry Islanders.
- THE DANE SCORES. What a play by Tavares.
- I really love hockey.
- Hahaha Panthers score off the end boards.
- Now we play the did he, didn't he for that Barkov shot.
- No goal. Still a pretty sweet play there.
- Do you ever cry because we let Gallant go?
- Uh oh... not Tavares....
- And he's back. Playoffs, man.
- And then Nielsen repays the favour from earlier, forcing the turnover, that leads to an Okposo pass to Tavares, and it's tied with 22 seconds left in the period.
- Aaaand a scrum breaks out in this one too.
- Thanks TV for suddenly not playing hockey for no reason. *sigh*
- OKPOSO (He likes Harry Potter, so he's good in my books. Plus, you know. He's actually good at hockey.)
- And the floodgates open. The Islander's kid line scores as Strome puts the rebound past Luongo with authority.
- So John Tavares is really, really good at this whole hockey thing.
- YOU GET A GOAL, YOU GET A GOAL, EVERYONE GETS A GOAL. (Except the Flyers. Sorry Flyers.)
- Smith goes top cheese on Greiss. Smith's nearly doubled his total playoff production in one game.
- "What a save by Greiss: sounds so much like "What a save by Price" and it hurts my soul.
- Speaking of, Barkov/Markov is making me sad too.
- And the Islanders have a powerplay.
- No dice.
- Panthers pull Luongo.