For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
When I picked all these TSM assignments, the Habs were winning everything in sight, and I expected them to be hard fought battles. Now I seem to have assigned myself a series of slaughters. Honestly, all I want is to not be embarrassed, and to not have any more guys hurt...
- Oh boy, after all my doom and gloom, the Habs look good?
- So of course Dallas scores first. What even WAS that. What was....anyone doing on that?
- So, are you just going to stand there and watch while Janmark runs around in front of the net unguarded? And if Janmark sounds familiar, that's because Zeb raved about him. He's better than Lehkonen right now. Yes that Lehkonen. Wake up.
- And Gallagher is gonna be out for 2-3 weeks. Because apparently, this is never not going to be relevant this season.
- Galchenyuk almost turns a disastrous defensive zone adventure into a goal. He's just that good, folks.
- In good news, the first line looks like a first line, and McCarron is hanging in there...he...might...be good.
- I appreciate this triumphant montage for Chucky and his third ....
- MARKOV. WHAT A SHOT BY THE GENERAL, AND PACIORETTY PLAYING GALLAGHER IN FRONT OF THE NET.
- Sorry, I was saying, Galchenyuk and his third-in-the-NHL points for players who have played about 16 minutes.
- OR NOT. THANK YOU CHUCKY. What a play by Andrighetto!
- Danault, Danault Danault Danaaaaault, Danault, Danault *to be sung to the melody of the olés*
- You guys, Galchenyuk is really good. Just in case you missed that the first 300 times.
- P.K....your teammate literally just broke his hand doing that by accident. What were you thinking.
- WOW. Emelin kept Nishuchkin from scoring on a breakaway, and did it without taking a penalty. Where has this Emelin been for the past...years...
- But, because we can't have nice things, Scrivins' hand is bleeding.
- Aaaand then, because we really can't have good things, that was a terrible wraparound.
- It would be so like the Habs to fall apart and get Benn and Seguin going again...
- Habs came out with some bounce in their steps. That's good...
- Torrey Mitchell makes me happy. That is all.
- Oh Habs...you had a gift of a powerplay, and then you mucked it up.
- Soo....are we gonna talk about the fact that Emelin looks...good??? And it's not just tonight either. What is going on!?
- Byron's so fast.
- Oh for heaven's sake, don't talk about how quiet Jamie Benn's night is so far. It's bound to make him score twelve goals in the last seven minutes.
- I would imagine one upside of having so many of the St. John's boys playing tonight is that they're familiar with each other, at least.
- Pateryn is getting real minutes, and looking really good doing it. Emelin too. I still don't know what to do with that information.
- Ah. Now OT. Can I go hide? No? What a shame.
- Galchenyuk has a goal and an assist tonight, but that line has no chemistry. Nope.
- Losing with dignity was about as much as I hoped for, and taking the Dallas Stars to OT with a squad of AHLers isn't bad at all.
- ahhhggg Pacioretty
- ALEX GALCHENYUK.
EOTP 3 Stars
3 Just imagine if they did play well together!
2 Meesa hadta include thisa one
1 Just seven goals in the last 15 games? Maybe 35...