The Habs will try to rally in front of Mike Condon to give him a 20th win in his rookie season, and since we're eliminated from the playoffs now, they'll probably do it.
The tank can't possibly roll over all 8 teams with better lottery odds, so I'm cheering for a win.
Also because... it's the Lightning.
- No Mike Brown tonight, so that tells me there won't be silly shenanigans. Goons don't prevent shenanigans, they egg them on.
- Callahan dumped Galchenyuk hard and I muttered a curse on him for it.
- Sven is on the third line after getting two points against Detroit... you know, because...
- Callahan just tried to hook Galchenyuk and karma sends him into Bishop's net instead. Did my curse... work?
- Unsure if Bishop instinctively avoided the crashing Callahan or if he was already diving to draw a penalty.
- Desharnais looks like he wants to have a solid game tonight.
- 20 seconds into the PP, the Habs ice the puck - sticking to the gameplan, I see.
- McCarron is one of the few players in the league who can effectively screen a giant like Ben Bishop.
- There are less empty seats at Amalie arena than there was at the Bell on Tuesday night.
- Hey look it's Charlie Lindgren!
- I angry-tweeted about Mitchell being ahead of Sven tonight so of course Torrey makes a dangerous play immediately.
- And Andrighetto gets an assist on the very next shift. I might need to retire my twitter.
- DD scores a goal, he's got that look in his eye tonight.
- Greg Pateryn has a killer shot - he just felled one of Namestnikov's legs with it
- Chucky and Patches have awesome chemistry. I'm in actual awe.
- Callahan tries to paste De La Rose and misses. He did something to upset the hockey gods, who aren't letting him have any fun tonight.
- Beaulieu hurt because we can't have nice things - he won't be back tonight and I'm sad.
- Down to five defencemen for the rest of the game. They can do it. Hanley is due for a point anyways.
- Scorrey Mitchell in the house! It's going to be one of those games where the support players pitch in all the offence. Matteau, you're next!
- Stamkos has been close a few times. I don't think he wants to score on his future teammates.
- Hockey fights are stupid. Useless and stupid. Now we have only four blue-liners for the next five minutes. Be better, Darren Dietz.
- Tampa waived an icing call because they'll be here all night if they let the Habs ice it whenever they want.
- Montreal once again looks much flatter in the second period.
- Penalty shot - cue Jay Onrait voice "THE MOST EXCITING PLAY IN HOCKEY!". Condon with a solid save!
- Callahan gets stick/puck to the face. I should mutter more curses.
- *Quietly curses Rio Olympics diving hopeful Ben Bishop.
- McCarron penalized for that high stick, even though it was Koekkoek's stick that hit Callahan.
- Koekkoek is fun to say.
- Habs survive a 2nd period, that bodes well for my win prediction!
- Mitchell and Desharnais have each scored their 10th goal of the season. Andrighetto could get his with a hat trick. Curse everyone who tries to stop him.
- You think Condon is motivated to show off now that there's another NCAA goaltender pushing for his job next year? Look at that save on Stamkos.
- Everyone wants to be tough to McCarron's face, I'm really glad he did't drop the gloves there. Good move, MacAttack.
- Markov is killing it tonight, rock solid. He's had to skate an awful lot but still is our best defender.
- Is it good or bad that I'd never heard of this Marchessault guy before tonight?
- In November and in February, Mike Condon picked up NHL 3 stars of the week honours. He is currently having another solid stretch of games.
- We're waiting for your point, Joel Hanley...
- De La Rose is in pain and stuck on the ice during the PK.
- It gets watered down from being repeated, but Paul Byron is very, very fast.
- Danault scores for the second time in three games, he's fighting for a roster spot next year.
- Habs win! That's #20 for Mike Condon, and he does it with a shutout!
- The Habs are going to win every game after being eliminated, right?
3) At least no one's going hungry tonight!
2) Couldn't even connect for a goal tonight...
1) One of the biggest surprises of the season, for sure