Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Arpon Basu believes that Carey Price should resume playing this season, if Price receives the medical clearance necessary to do so. [TSN 690]
- Former Canadiens' defenseman Mike Weaver shared his thoughts on the effectiveness of old-school coaching mechanisms, while Bob McKenzie touched on Michel Therrien's future. [TSN 690 | Weaver | McKenzie]
- Four members from the Montreal Canadiens were named to the preliminary rosters of their respective World Cup teams. [EOTP | Markov | Plekanec | Pacioretty | Price]
- The Canadiens welcomed rookie defenseman Morgan Ellis to the NHL, in typical Canadiens fashion! [Twitter]
- Both Mike Condon and Ben Scrivens didn't shy away describing how dangerous Alex Ovechkin's shot was. [Sportsnet]
- Canadiens' prospect Matt Bradley is keeping his team's playoff aspiration alive, registering three goals and five assists over his last five matches. [Medicine Hat News]
- Charles Hudon took some time to answer questions regarding his experiences with the IceCaps and adjusting to life in St. John's. [Twitter]
- Ryan Getzlaf touched on where he ranked Subban amongst the defensemen he's had the opportunity to play against and reflected on their experiences at the Sochi Olympics. [Twitter]
- Devante Smith-Pelly is happy to be the newest member of the New Jersey Devils, despite his emotional trade from the Montreal Canadiens. He also had this to share about the Canadiens' locker room. [NJ.com]
There were rumors of a rift in the Montreal dressing room between Max Pacioretty and P.K. Subban.
"No, there's nothing like that going on. Fans there and people from the outside are just looking for maybe a reason why that slumps was going on. That was one of the closest rooms I've ever been in. There's nothing like that going on."
Around The League and Elsewhere
- When given the choice between defensemen Dan Hamhuis and Kris Russell, why would the Dallas Stars choose to go with Russell instead? [Hockey PDOCast]
- There are no easy solutions available to fix concussions and post-concussion syndromes, as forward Adam Estoclet can attest. [TPT]
- Both the NHL and the NHLPA have confirmed that the World Cup will be returning four years from now. [ESPN]
- Tomas Tatar of the Detroit Red Wings has some slick puck-handling moves! [WIIM]
- Check out Frölunda HC recap the road to their CHL Championship victory! [Frölunda]
- Are you pumped up for the Clarkson Cup, yet?