- This is my last Top 6 Minutes of the year and I really shouldn't be so relieved about it.
- Mike Brown is still in the lineup, yes I know there is a laundry list of injuries but I still find it egregious he was added to the roster in the first place.
- Granted just about everything the team has done with the lineup in 2016 can be seen as egregious.
- I like saying egregious, so what?
- A moment of silence for the victims in Brussels, which Rogers Gamecentre Live (un)tastefully cuts away from. Good stuff there.
- This is just going to be one long night of waiting for Galchenyuk shifts isn't it?
- I forgot Garbutt is with Anaheim, guess i'll be cringing all night wondering who he might injure.
- Habs draw a power play! Huge opportunity for Anaheim here...
- They had something resembling a scoring chance and weren't scored on during the power play, which is as good as it gets these days.
- How did that go in? Plekanec scores! 1-0 Canadiens.
- Seems to have been deflected in, but we'll wait to find out.
- Fighting after a clean hit is as productive as always I see.
- McCarron should have been smart and declined, off to the room for repairs to his hand presumably.
- ...how did that not go in? That's prime December Habs action.
- Galchenyuk and Pacioretty creating another chance, but do remember when they had no chemistry...
- Yikes... but that's the season, 1-1.
- Mike Condon has definitely brought a fair bit of criticism down on his head this season, but he's also in an impossible scenario, I do feel bad for him.
- Plekanec's extra swipe at the puck draws a crowd, Tomas loves making friends as always.
- McCarron's had some very good offensive zone shifts, will admit I underestimated him on draft day and his draft plus one season.
- The blind dump-out is such a mind-boggling stupid play it amazes you have anyone making it a standard practice at the NHL level.
- Damn right you aren't calling a trip on Eller after ignoring the massively blatant one from the first period.
- Remember when they were leading/tied? Back to normal. 2-1 Anaheim.
- DLR goes off for tripping, time to see if the Habs endless reserve of checkers can actually kill penalties.
- ...That's a no. Or maybe, here comes the review.
- NHL War Room's Magic 8 Ball says No Goal.
- Habs are without a shot on goal after more than 6 minutes of play, Habs fans are weighing having their 6th shot since the period started.
- I will admit, I was half-sure Shawn Horcoff had retired.
- Becoming more of a fan of McCarron every shift he plays.
- Pacioretty lines Galchenyuk and it's a tie game! 2-2.
- Greg Pateryn should be in the lineup next season as well.
- A Mike Brown goal? Stock up on canned goods and water, get to the shelter. End is Nigh. 3-2 Habs.
- 17-on-17 violence as Mitchell takes a penalty for hooking Kesler.
- Anaheim has the best power play and penalty kill in the NHL. Meanwhile in Montreal, you can get an extension for running terrible special teams.
- It seems like 90% of MTL's scoring chances tonight happen when Galchenyuk's line is on the ice. Or maybe just 86%.
- Darren Dietz just had a chance for his first NHL goal, but no luck.
- They have given Plekanec's goal to Torry Mitchell now, 18 games and counting for Tomas' goal drought still a thing.
- Galchenyuk again, the end of the season really is about waiting for him to be on the ice.
- Meanwhille, Matteau makes us wait for him to get off the ice.
- Lessio has the go-ahead goal! His first in the NHL! but more importantly Mike Brown of all people has a multi point game! I am not entirely sure I am in my native universe right now. 4-3 Habs.
- Darren Dietz has his first NHL point as well, good for him! Remember tracking his WHL progress.
- Please don't show me PK being carted off the ice, A part of my soul died the moment I saw him injured.
- Keep expecting Anaheim to score here, that's what the season has done to me.
- And Pacioretty may be hurt, this season. Hockey gods (and Therrien when they're busy) really don't want the Habs to have a No. 1 Line.
- Don't exaggerate Sportsnet, if the lineup was healthy it's a good chance Brown would still be playing.
- The Habs won, and Mike Brown is the first star. Exactly as we all predicted.
EOTP 3 Stars
3) He's also Bill Quackenbush's grandson*
2) That's quality trolling right there
1) What a time to be alive!
- Torrey Mitchell gets his hands on a Tomas Plekanec shot
- Alex Galchenyuk scores his 27th of the year via a nice pass by Max Pacioretty
- Mike freaking Brown scores his first as a member of the Habs
- Mike freaking Brown sets up Lucas Lessio for his first with the Habs, and the game-winning goal.
* no he isn't