Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- Alex Galchenyuk should stay Montreal's number one centre, even when David Desharnais returns from his injury. Meanwhile, Bob McKenzie shares his thoughts on how the Canadiens have developed Galchenyuk. [TSN 690 | Dumont | McKenzie]
- Alex Galchenyuk is blossoming into the role Canadiens' fans expect of him, perfectly! [Sportsnet]
- Though the amount of injuries suffered by the Canadiens, continues to climb, those injuries may just be a blessing in disguise – as Alex Galchenyuk continues to dominate as the team’s defacto number one centre. [Montreal Gazette]
- Contrary to what Michel Therrien may believe, Alex Galchenyuk’s game hasn’t changed at all.
- Speaking of Galchenyuk, he joined some pretty special company.
- P.K. Subban met baby Beatrice, the young fan he had accidentally hit with a puck. [Montreal Gazette | Sportsnet]
- Former assistant coach Martin Raymond shared his thoughts on the tough season that the Canadiens are going through. [TSN 690]
- The next game Charline Labonte suits up for Les Canadiennes will be her last one of the season and with the Clarkson Cup on the line, she is determined to give it her all. [The Victory Press]
- Watch as Caroline Ouellette explains why she loves playing hockey!
Around The League and Elsewhere
- Jarred Tinordi has been served with a 20-game suspension for failing the NHL’s performance enhancing substances test. [Five For Howling | EOTP]
- Teemu Selänne is advocating for lifetime bans for any athletes who are caught doping. [Selänne]
- Check out some of the best NHL prospects in the NCAA. Could any of them help the Canadiens? [SB Nation]
- Current Detroit Red Wings’ head coach Jeff Blashill’s new systems have exposed defensive deficiencies in the team that Mike Babcock’s old systems had masked. [Winging It In Motown]
- Even when penning a letter to his younger self, Doug Gilmour can’t help but hurt Habs fans (especially regarding a certain goal in ’86 which shall not be mentioned here). [The Players' Tribune]
- Junior teams operate on budgets that are significantly smaller than the average NHL team, but it’s a passion for the sport that inspires these clubs to continue doing what they do. [Sportsnet]
- Jonathan Drouin addressed the media, after returning to the Syracuse Crunch. [Raw Charge]
- Skellefteå GM Lars Johansson will be leaving his position after this season. Could he be KHL or NHL bound next year? [Aftonbladet]