For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- What a long strange trip it's been.
- Marc Barberio is a healthy scratch in favour of Alexei Emelin. That's not a joke that's a real thing.
- The Buffalo Sabres went into the game with a 20-26-4 record, 8 points back of the Montreal Canadiens with a game in hand.
- Will the Habs continue to make history by losing tonight? Will they still continue to make history by winning tonight? Let's find out!
- Robin Lehner in net for the Sabres. Will we see Crazy Eyes Lehner tonight?
I hope so.
- Boy is it ever quiet in the Bell Centre. A lot of empty seats too. 7 PM start on a weekday..Wait sorry...no excuses.
- The Habs are totally unable to get out of their own zone. Their forwards are all above the blueline. The defense tried to go up the middle but it was broken up then tried to go off the boards but nobody was there to receive the pass. Lovely!
- I love watching games on opposing team's feeds. NicDeslauriers literally drags PK Subban to the ice. The call is "Deslauriers finishes his check on Subban."
- Sabres get on the board on their 1st shot of the night. Hard not to score if ou're all alone from 5 feet out. Alexei Emelin felt the need to leave his man unmarked.
- Why not just put Lars Eller on the powerplay instead of Dale Weise? Weise adds nothing.
- Sven Andrighetto is great and should be a mainstay.
- Period 1 in a gif:
- The Habs winning a faceoff on the powerplay is like seeing a leprechaun riding the Loch Ness Monster
- Dale Weise puts in a gimme much to the chagrin of Habs fans everywhere.
- Anyone notice how Therrien's suits are becoming more and more Bergevin-y?
- ALEX GALCHENYUK IS THE HERO OF OUR GENERATION.
- That goal was SO NICE! The Habs haven't scored a nice goal in forever.
- If you looked closely you could see Galchenyuk say "I should be playing center" as he celebrated his goal.
- Period 2 in a gif
- The Habs are doing something that really resembles what good hockey teams do on a regular basis.
- The Habs are making the Sabres look like the Habs.
- Tom Gilbert is straight trippin
- PK blew it. Boy did he ever blow that assignment. He should have been down low covering Jamie McGinn but instead he followed the play into the slot.
- Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in.
- Max Pacioretty woke up half the fans in attendance. Nearly.
- We hoped. We were wrong to.
- Period 3 in a gif
EOTP 3 Stars
- Alex Galchenyuk scores a beautiful goal
- This play describes the Habs' season perfectly
- Dale Weise scores his 12th goal of the year