For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Is P.K. Subban going to get traded? Is Therrien going to get fired? Will Marc Bergevin do anything this season? All these questions will be answered eventually but there is this little thing in the way from answering them...A hockey game.
The Habs have spent the majority of the day doing damage control from the Therrien-Subban controversy, one has to wonder how much of this energy was invested towards the game tonight with the Flyers. As far as we are seeing though, its probably better in the long run if the habs start to
tank try to win every game with maximum effort.
- Please stop torturing me with the Pk trade talk, please...STAHP.
- This is the first game that I've felt numb watching this year, this latest controversy has worn this habs fan out.
- Beaulieu looks so comfortable out there, he moves the puck really well. If only he was 35 so Therrien would probably play him on the top line.
- Goal! Of course Weise would score from there, He's Dutch Gretzky! 1-0 Montreal
- Not even 30 seconds later, the equalizer... Just when there is a little bit of life *sighs* 1-1
- I'll be honest, I don't even recognize most of the Flyers team right now. Maybe that's a good thing though, it means they give their young players a chance.
- I wonder if Therrien will blame Subban for that miss if they lose 2-1?
- What a save by Neuvirth, reminds me of a certain net minder who shall remain nameless for the duration of this TSM.
- I love when analysts mention who would be better to backup Carey Price, there is only one true answer...Marty Turco. Seriously, Turco's door opening skills are unparalleled.
- Ugh, we just got a controversial quote montage...Seriously...Things have stooped that low.
- Why is the a cycle game that is starting from the blue line? Of course turnovers are going to be more costly if you cycle in an area where your other players can't help.
- "With a long wiss shot" It's a hard job I know but it's still funny when it happens.
- Oh a power play! Oh boy, time to get my hopes up!
- Aaaaaaaaand the Flyers have more chances on our power play than we do. Who saw that coming?!?
- The Boo Birds making themselves at home tonight. Honestly with ticket prices being the way they are, they can boo as much as they want.
- The Habs still have difficulty creating offense on the rush, its actually painful to watch.
- Medvedev is the most creative name I've seen that consists of only four different letters.
- DJ Khaled offside remix time...Another one!
- Good guy Andrighetto taking a penalty so that we can create some shorthanded scoring chances.
- End of the first and the only goal the Habs have scored came of a behind-the-net heave from Dale Weise, that not at all depressing.
- Okay this is the period where everything changes and the Habs don't drop points for the rest of the season!
- The Habs get one good scoring chance, and there's a rush going the other way...
- Ryan White takes a pen, and the Habs get another power play!
- It's scary when your best player entering the zone is a guy who is also criticized for taking pucks by himself.
- The Habs actually produced some shots and chances on that power play, I had to make sure I was tuned on the right hockey game.
- Its been ping pong with 3rd and 4th liners for two minutes straight, but when you put Chuck Gallagher and peek out they enter the zone and try to make a play. Go figure.
- As bad as the Habs have been, the Flyers really haven't been that good either. That being said, they've looked better than the Habs so far.
- Mark Streit has had a long career for a guy who was drafted 262nd overall. Keep on trucking Mark!
- The Habs seem to be trying to change their approach each time they enter the zone. It's weird and I'm not sure how to asses this.
- Plek trying to score with a person...Effort level 100%.
- Oh that shorthanded chance! Why didn't he shoot? We need more selfish superstars to shoot those shots.
- Two great scoring chances in a row! Who are you and what have you done with my team?
- Yay! More depressing slump quotes!
- The Habs must've heard the broadcast because they are just pouring on the pressure right now. The even drew a power play.
- The period ends with the habs really pouring on the pressure. Still a 1-1 tie.
- The hardest part about being a part of tank nation is wanting your team to win these types of games even though you know that its probably better for them in the long run to lose.
- It's always good when you start a period on a power play and create some chances early.
- Neuvirth troublingly looking around and effectively trolling all the viewers as he had it the whole time.
- Renault Lavoie just confirmed Tom Gilbert out with a lower body injury.
- Ugh well that sort of pokes a hole a proverbial sail. 2-1 Philadelphia
- TANKNATION IS BACK ON BABY!
- Man that Giroux stick sure got some hang time.
- I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, if you are a player don't ever start griping at the refs. I have never seen it work, and it just annoys everyone involved.
- Patches snipe baby and on the power play to boot! The griping point has been proven.
- Condon with a couple of good neutralizing saves. Aside from the first goal he's been decent tonight.
- Habs are really pouring on the pressure now, Patches has gone full beast mode.
- Chucky with a chance in front! Where was this two months ago?
- I swear Neuvirth is just going to keep trolling, I just know it.
- Flyers engaging late, and OH WHAT A SAVE.
- Seriously Condon, stop that. It's too late for that now.
- Condon with another amazing save, but Giroux looks hurt. Can't tank that way boys!
- Both teams trade icings in the last minute of the game, and also timeouts.
- We are headed to overtime ladies and gents!
- Everything is happening!
- WHAT A SAVE BY CONDON!
- That was the most exiting 2 minutes of hockey I have seen in a while.
- C'mon Chucky, you were built for this situation.
- Larry with a shot off a Giroux turnover! Followed by an Andrighetto chance!
- Everything happening x2
- SOMEONE BURY THE PUCK IN THE NET PLEASE!
- What a play by Subban in the clutch, and then the save by Condon just topped this off right now.
- Alright, Chucky get it done. Damn.
- Damn what a bad break for Condon. He's really played well in the extra time too.
- C'mon Ghetto...ugh at least hit the net.
- Oh Nice save on Giroux!
- Captain Sniperetty, there is really no chance for Neuvirth on that.
- I knew Neuwirth was going to troll, that was really unexpected.
- YEAH BABY PB WITH THE SNIPE! 3-2 win for Montreal!
EOTP 3 Stars