For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- The last time these two teams met was just over a week ago. The embarrassing 4-2 loss for the Habs seems to be just the kick in the pants they needed. They've won every game since.
- Ben Scrivens is getting his fourth straight start tonight. That's a good thing. Not only is Scrivens a big part of the winning recipe right now, it's also fun to watch his goaltending...um...techniques.
- Therrien is smart (you heard me) and has kept the blazing hot Gallagher-Plekanec-Galchenyuk line in tact. I like Gallagher and Galchenyk together. I also like Gallagher and Pacioretty together. Hmmm...common denominator?
- Greg Pateryn is suiting up tonight in place of Jeff Petry who has been sidelined with an injury. An injury to the Habs? The heck you say.
- Our short-handed star Paul Byron is back in the lineup tonight!
- Rumors are flying hot and heavy today about Carey Price not returning at all for the regular season. I can't even.
- It's Alex Galchenyuk's 22nd birthday! What better way to celebrate than with a few goals, hey Chucky?
- And we're off!
- Let's get four in a row tonight boys. I've got my victory dance all lined up. And, oh, I've got Moves Like Jagger let me tell ya.
- Ghetto GOAL!! A pass by Captain Patches lets Andrighetto blast a one-timer off the bar to give the Habs an early lead at 3:44.Dare I say Therrien is on to something again?
- Subban is awarded the first penalty of the evening after a holding call on Kane. I feel this is not the last we'll see of a Subban/Kane feud.
- Off to the penalty kill we go. Looking good. Dump, dump and dump some more. And penalty killed!
- Just minutes after that nice kill, Habs defense is down leaving Legwand all alone. Buffalo ties the game.
- Love, love, love this GGP line.
- Habs on the PP after an interference call drawn by Gallagher. Let's see what we've got.
- Not much.
- A turnover by Markov gives Kane a chance to take his anger out on Scrivens. Sabres take the lead.
- Deep breath. And, let's go!
- Right out of the gate Gorges beats Scrivens, making it 3-1. Forget deep breath, cue hyperventilation.
- Scrivens hits the bench and Mike Condon takes his place between the pipes.
- Goaltending change means nothing. Sabres quickly slip one past Condon. Two goals in fifty seconds. Time to break out the brown paper bag.
- And so continues the Subban/Kane shoving match. Four on four we go.
- Eller draws a penalty and it's now a four on three. Must. Get. A. Goal.
- Birthday boy Chucky snaps one home! Have I mentioned that I love the GGP line?
- Another Ghetto GOAL!! We have ourselves a game again!
- At least someone is on defense tonight. Great defensive play by Emelin.
- Galchenyuk gets a little too excited and Foligno is given a penalty shot.
- Foligno beats Condon making it a two goal lead once again.So seriously, when can we expect Price back?
- Chucky redeems himself with his second snipe of the night on the PP!
- My head is spinning. I need a drink.
- I'm armed with a paper bag and a full shot glass. Let's do this!
- Sven looking for a hat trick but it's a no go.
- GGP are buzzing, buzzing...three shots on goal but none make it to the back of the net.
- I'm fully prepared to break out the victory dance if you'll let me boys.
- Tonnes of pressure by the Habs but not able to tie it up.
- Condon is pulled for the extra man. Buffalo throws one into the empty net for the win.
- Despite the loss, there was no lack of heart from the Habs here tonight.
EOTP 3 Stars of the night
3) Truth hurts, doesn't it Buffalo.
2) Decisions, decisions.
1) And it isn't to pass the puck to players and gift them empty netters, either.
- Andrighetto opens the scoring with a heavy shot
- Galchenyuk celebrates his birthday with a big power play goal
- Andrighetto scores yet another goal (pro tip: he's not a fourth liner)
- Galchenyuk's second goal of the night