For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- A few years a go a left a big chunk of my heart in Los Angeles; never thought I would fall in love with the city, but it did. I still have a playlist with songs about Los Angeles on my phone for a rainy day.
- Silver Lake and Echo Park - what memories.
- I love early games for us in Europe, it rarely happens for Canadiens fans so it is special when we get a chance to see a game during ‘normal’ hours.
- I have beers if needed, Montreal doesn’t seem to like California as much as I do.
- French coverage today, and who sang the anthem?
- We didn’t ice the puck first...? What’s going on?
- MAX PACIORETTY!!!! with an almost empty net he makes no mistake. Montreal has the first goal!
- Note to self, don’t check twitter - your feed is behind!
- Kings seem to have woken up about eight minutes into the game. LA time is weird.
- Jeff Petry with a nice shot, but a real ‘TV Save’ by Mr. Budaj.
- Doughty tries to take L’Arttiste’s head off, well worthy of a Norris winner... right?
- Weak call sends Mitchell to the box.
- Brian Flynn had his passing set to 11, also known as “Paul Byron speed,” for the breakaway chance.
- Pacioretty to the sin-bin.
- Carter with the equalizer on the power play. Will the two PowerKills™️ that Montreal had comeback and haunt them in the end?
- You can’t leave someone alone in front of the net to tap in a rebound...
- It was 8-7 in shots, and 1-0 Montreal - its now 13-8 and 2-1 to LA in goals. The intermission was not kind to Montreal.
- MAX PACIORETTY from nowhere... we have a tied game!
- Price is so good you have to aim for the post and hope it gets in, this time for LA it went out after ringing the post though.
- Thats another bad call - Montreal to the penalty kill again... for about 10 seconds.
- Stupid call, stupid game and stupid score line...
- Contact was made way before the shot, so good not to challenge the goal.
- Compensation call...
- RA-DU-LOV!!!!! He turns Carter inside out and scores a beauty!
- This game is crap #NoDefence
- SHAW ties it up early in the third! This game will finish 8-8 right?
- A bit of a fight might be the most interesting thing that happened since the goal, and I don’t like fights.
- Lehkonen with a trademark move; close but no cigar.
- Galchenyuk to the dressing room... Collision with Kopitar, could be a knee injury.
- David Desharnais gets the promotion.
- A little bit of a flat period after the equalizer.
- Was that Weber playing extra goalie?
- Raduov with a mad shift!
- PowerKill™️ - after a Radulov effort.
- POST! It hit the post....!
- Radulov with another huge shift!
- Radulov with a master class penalty.
- Sudden Death Penalties...
- Byron vs Budaj - GOAL!
- Pacioretty opens the scoring early
- The captain nets his second
- Radulov stick-handles to the slot and scores
- And does something even more incredible in the shootout
EOTP 3 Stars
Third star: Putting this here to hlp Mr. Neeson
Second star: I dont think anyone would argue against this at this point
First star: Indeed