For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
I know, it has been a minute since you've heard from me. Some of you are possibly wondering where I have been. Other, newer users are probably wondering who the hell I am. Well, I am in fact an editor of this fine website, and I've simply been a little tied up with a new job and stuff.
But I have most assuredly been watching.
I've watched these Canadiens take us from pure sorrow, stemming primarily from the loss of P.K. Subban, to hope. There really is hope in the city now. The Canadiens are good. They're one of the best teams in the league, and the big question is how far this squad can go.
And I think we all know where I want them to go.
But that is way off. Tonight they play the Tampa Bay Lightning, and it is the beginning of a very important road swing. And for anyone wondering if I've retired...
- Carey Price is in net. I loooooooove Carey Price. I wish he'd play all 82 games.
- We can't call people without wings angels, so we call them Carey Price.
- Stuff is happening. The puck is being pushed into different areas. I am rusty at writing about hockey.
- ALEXANDER RADULOV AND STUFF. FROM RUSSIA WITH THE LOVE BONE.
- Greasy. Greeee-heeeee-heeeeeeeeeeeeeasy.
- Ben Bishop is the epitome of the term "Mustard Tiger."
- Also, Tyler Johnson can catch a boat to fuckoffity land. Now it's tied. I want to get drunk and eat chicken fingers.
- The good kind.
- Samsquantch is Shea Weber, FYI. It's a thing. Get used to it.
- One man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage. Radulov was written off by many. He happens to be very, very good.
- 2-1 heading into the second. TIGHT, NOMESAYIN?
- Carey Price is a sight to behold. With his hair, and his eyes shining like the sky.
- I'm attracted to Carey Price.
- This is kinda boring. Like, just score the go-ahead goal and...
- Chris Terry?
- I need to take a second to talk about Price.
- Carey Price is very good.
- This guy does some silly stuff.
- I don't think any team deserves to have him backstopping them.
- But I digress.
- Brendan Gallagher may be on a bit of a cold streak, but he is still the most ferocious dude I get to watch hockey.
- Carey Price is a good man person.
- Oh man...
- Carey Price, man...
- What did we actually do to deserve this man...
- He just wants to make Montreal a nice place to live.
- What a guy.
- Before this period even comes on my screen, I need to bring Carey Price up one more time, nomesayin?
- Are you counting my nomesayins?
- You from the department of nomesayins?
- You taking a nomecensus?
- The plan seems to be that we hold on to our asses and brace for the shit blizzard. I'm not a fan.
- But there is always Carey.
- Weber literally just told Boyle that their fight wasn't going to happen. And he was like "Yeah, okay man..."
- It must be nice to be that much of a savage.
- It was a clean hit too, by the way. And the refs didn't boot the call. What is this twilight zone shit?
- OF COURSE THE SHIT BLIZZARDS WOULD MAKE IT 3-2
- I don't like this.
- Carey... Carey, what the fuck... You're not real.
- Penalty kill... This ends badly.
- Yeah of course it did.
- POWER PLAY. 2:46 TO GO. GIVE ME THIS.
- Or allow the bolts to apply more pressure during the PP, whatever works.
- And now we go to overtime.
- Nah, we shouldn't be here with Price doing what he does.
- I'm going to bed.
EOTP 3 Stars of the night
2) It did not.
1) Pernell Karl Drunk Viking.
Habs Highlight of the Night
Price makes a ridiculous stick save: