For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
No Markov, no Emelin, no Pateryn, no Galchenyuk, no Desharnais, no Shaw against the hottest team in the league. Hold on to your butts folks, this could be a fun one...
- It’s the last home game of 2016, so please Habs, end the year on a good note!
- Barberio and Beaulieu in the top four. Christmas came early!
- Oh...oh no....Petry....not Petry...don’t be hurt Petry...this is exactly the opposite of what I wanted for Christmas...Oh he’s still on the bench. We can breathe now.
- OK Habs....you need to get some shots here, because being out shot 7-1 is Not. Good.
- Oh good. Now you’ve given up as many shots to Minnesota in the first period than you did to Anaheim in a whole game. Oh I think they heard me! That is a series of seriously impressive offensive zone shifts, started off by the St. John’s IceCaps, no less!
- Nathan Beaulieu looking like the first pairing defenceman he is tonight.
- Playing Pacioretty as your net front presence on the power play seems like an odd way to use your team’s best shooter, but hey. What do I know.
- Almost had Plek!!
- O CAPTAIN! MY CAPTAIN WITH THE SHORTY! What. A. Shot.
- It’s almost like Pacioretty, who is a goalscorer, is streaky. Like most goalscorers. Shocking.
- Well pooh. That’s unfortunate. Merry Christmas, Minnesota. That was a gift.
- I’ve said it before, but it bares repeating. Beau is looking good. Look at that confidence. That puck movement! Everything!
- Speaking of defencemen, Jeff Petry is amazing.
- Oh that backhand by Prince Artturi!! And that smile!!
- That was a pretty snazzy game of keep away on that penalty kill from the Habs there! This is weird. This efficient, effective hockey thing they’ve got going...
- Why this. Why does the world hate the Habs. Time for another Pacioretty goal. Time for a Gally goal, time for an anyone at all goal.
- Well, the fourth line is trying.
- Petry, please don’t kill Radulov! At least we get a free power play?
- Oh. Gross. Can we have a redo with no penalty and no short handed goal?
- Please do not fall apart now Habs...
- Half the period left to go, and with the exception of that shift from the fourth line, the last five minutes have been a steady stream of O.O.
- Ooof. Rough night for Gally.
- Well, that might have been some of the best play from the Habs in this period. And nothing.
- Habs pull Price, nothing doing, aaaaand then the empty netter.
- At least Beaulieu had a good game?
- Well, this is not exactly how anyone wanted the Habs to go into the break.
- That’s all she wrote, Habs lose 4-2.
EOTP 3 Stars
Third star: Hopefully Santa is nicer to you than the hockey gods.
Second star: Looks like someone forgot to put those phasers on the charger
First star: Lord Patches?
Highlight of the night:
A snipe from the captain