For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
By now, it’s no secret that I have become the TSM jinx.
In all three games I’ve covered so far this season, I have yet to wrap it up with a ‘W’. And I mean these are bad losses. One was the horrible 10-0 loss to Columbus and another was watching Price get pulled then shoot the scandalous glare to the bench.
A win tonight would be really great for
me the Habs.
- And we’re off!
- Gallagher has a collision with Bernier. But it’s not a Gally kinda interference. Bernier was way out of his net and, unassuming, Gally backed into him and pretty much...well... ran him over.
- Naturally, this causes a flock of Ducks to swarm Gallagher.
- After a quick check by the doc, everyone’s ok. Well, except for that one linesman who had to go for repairs.
- Getzlaf pulls a ballerina move and almost slices Gallagher’s face with his skate. Let’s leave the fancy leg moves for the figure skating competition Ryan.
- I fear this game will not be kind to Gally. Did I mention, we’re not even five minutes in yet?
- Ducks make it 1-0 from the face-off.
- Looky here. We’ve got ourselves and IceCaps line! Carr-McCarron-Terry.
- Price fires the puck down the ice during a penalty kill. Byron jumps on it, speeding down the ice in true Byron fashion ready to notch another short-handed goal. Instead, he’s hauled down by Cam Fowler.
- Byron’s Revenge! Petry takes a wrist shot and Byron scoops up the rebound to tie the game with less than a minute left.
- Anaheim are out-hitting the Habs 21-4 but the Habs aren’t fazed in the least, allowing only two shots on Price so far.
- Nice to see Beaulieu showing confidence out there tonight.
- Holzer tussles with Gallagher after the whistle. Ritchie wants to join in on the fun but gets slapped with unsportsmanlike conduct against Gally instead.
- After nothing to show for their power play, the Habs immediately get another shot as Holzer gets sent to the box on a slashing call against McCarron.
- Was that....it was! A PP Goal! A wonderful sequence of events of Lekonen winning the face-off, a slick stick-to-stick pass from Byron to Pleks gives the Habs the lead.
- We’re seeing Gallagher’s Gallyness peek through tonight. Welcome back. We’ve missed you!
- The buzzer sounds and everyone grabs a dance partner. Grab your partner round and round...
- Mitchell starts the period in the sin bin serving two minutes for roughing after having Gallagher’s back during the dance-off.
- Petry one-times it to the net to stretch his goal streak to three games. Off the post and right on past Bernier gives the Habs a two-goal lead.
- Carr with the wrap-around but can’t tuck it in, drawing a penalty instead. Second best thing you can do.
- Another power-play goal! Pacioretty used Gallagher as a decoy to snap one past Bernier. 4-1 Habs!
- Carr rushes to the net to grab a rebound. Corey Perry gets a little testy and throws Carr to the ice. The last two power plays worked in our favor. Why not go for a third?
- That’s it boys. Buzz...buzz...get in Bernier’s head.
- With 46.9 seconds left, Chris Terry squeezes one past Bernier to notch his first goal as a Montreal Canadien and make it 5-1! Assist goes to Michael McCarron. Look at those IceCaps go!
- The Habs get the win!
EOTP 3 Stars
Highlight of the night
The zone entry by Artturi Lehkonen: