Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- A panel has chosen Carey Price as the early odds-on favourite to take home the Vezina Trophy as the league’s best goaltender this season. [NHL.com]
- Andrei Markov sits atop the league when it comes to primary assists from defencemen, as the veteran has been producing at a great pace this season.
First assist leaders among dmen in 16/17 (all situations): pic.twitter.com/PecN7E97TN— Hevin Kayes (@lackinggrit) November 30, 2016
- Francis Bouillon, the long-serving Habs blue-liner, will be inducted into the QMJHL Hall of Fame this coming April. [Canadiens.com]
- Marc Dumont joined Sportsnet Tonight with Elliott Price to discuss the Habs’ struggles in California, and their need to perform against the NHL’s best teams. [SN]
- It seems as though the Canadiens’ scouting staff has their eye on Halifax Mooseheads forward Nico Hischier, as they took in a game against the Remparts in Quebec. [TVA]
- Habs prospect Will Bitten found the scoresheet last night for the Hamilton Bulldogs, ending an eight-game goal drought.
Will Bitten ended his 8-game goalless streak tonight. Also has an assist. pic.twitter.com/qZ7WM1AFMT— Mitch Brown (@MitchLBrown) December 1, 2016
- Coming to North America to play with the world’s best hockey players, France’s Marion Allemoz is feeling comfortable with Montreal’s Les Canadiennes. [The Ice Garden]
Around the League and Elsewhere
- Sean McIndoe counts down the top 15 teams around the league most in need of blowing things up with a rebuild. [Vice Sports]
- Connor McDavid has performed exactly as advertised, but he won’t be able to turn the Edmonton Oilers into contenders on his lonesome. [Toronto Sun]
- Pittsburgh Penguins GM Jim Rutherford is aware that his two-goalie system isn’t quite working, though he is feeling no urgency when it comes to making a move. [TSN]
- Former Hab Bud Holloway will be making his way to the Swedish Hockey League, although we do not yet know for certain with which club. [Expressen]
- Serena Williams has penned an open letter to female athletes of every sport, stating her belief that the fight for gender equality must continue. [The Guardian]