For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- Okay, first things first...lets talk about Habs Club.
- The first rule of Habs Club is: You do not talk about the Columbus game.
- The second rule of Habs Club is: You do not talk about the Columbus game.
- Third rule of Habs Club: If a back up goalie can’t stop a beachball, goes limp, taps out, you do not replace him with Carey Price.
- Fourth rule: No one touches Michel’s blender.
- The best thing about today’s game is that no matter how the Habs do, it’ll definitely be considered an improvement on whatever they did yesterday.
- As I write that, Andrei Markov scores less than a minute into the game.
- The Flyers’ first goal was scored by a number 76. The curse of PK is real.
- And then the next goal was from a guy named Ghostbear. I’m getting a distinct occult-ey feeling about this game.
- Never fear, Pateryn is here. Yes he scored, but the most important thing is that he is sporting an epic beard of awesome while doing so.
- Sticks are breaking all over the place. **Correction: Montreal’s sticks are breaking all over the place. More evidence of Phily’s voodoo.
- Would you look at that? The Habs have scored more goals during the first 10 minutes of this game, then they did all of last night. #progress
- Who needs to put shots on net, when you have a Carey Price in net? a.k.a. the thought process of the Canadiens braintrust.
- Seriously, Price has made triple the amount of saves Neuwirth has.
- Is there anything less convincing than watching Radko Gudas trying to plead his case with a referee? In this case, he’s arguing that he didn’t bearhug-tackle Gallagher.
- Shots are 10-1 Phily over halfway into the period. And no, the Habs didn’t get a shot on net during their power play.
- But as is tradition with the Habs, they score on their second shot all period long in the dying minutes of the second.
- And no, no matter how much Galley tries to credit that goal to an Alexei Emelin hit that happened waaaaay before, that goal belongs to the one and only Alex Galchenyuk.
- Less than 3 minutes into the period, the Habs have officially put more shots on net than they did all of the second. #more #progress
- Montreal’s fourth line gets another goal courtesy of Michal Neuvirth. Thanks for that one too, Hockey Gods.
- Stop me if you’ve heard this before, Andrew Shaw took a dumb penalty at an inopportune time. This time its a 4 minute minor for high sticking Ghostbear.
- Sigh, the Hockey Gods giveth, and the Hockey Gods taketh.
- No I take that back, it seems the Hockey Gods are in a very giving mood today. Tomas Plekanec finally breaks his scoreless drought in the most Plekanec-y way possible by scoring short-handed.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how relieved did Plekanec look after that goal?
- Well, the Canadiens almost got out of that Mitchell penalty without giving up a goal. That counts for something, right?
- Thankfully, Del Zotto took one for the team by taking a dumb penalty during the dying minutes of the third.
- Remember the first rule of Habs Club.
EOTP Three Stars
1. Pretty much.
2. We were all waiting for this one.
3. They eventually had 2.
Habs Highlight of the Night
Radulov finds Galchenyuk with a sweet pass.