For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- The Habs are still kicking butt as the only team to have not lost in regulation with a 9-0-1 record (no, that’s not a typo). Can they reach double digits?
- Big Al between the pipes tonight. Bummer for me.
- But probably a good thing. Now I can focus and write more than “Carey Price is awesome.”
- Montoya just may be able to keep the streak alive, being he has a 3-0-0 record. Let’s hope the rest of the team give him a little help.
- After their previous game against the Canucks, Nathan Beaulieu commented that it should be a wake-up call. Let’s see if it was.
- And we’re off!
- Captain Patches is the first to head to the sin bin for hooking.
- Blue Jackets has the best pp% in the league. Hopefully that means nothing.
- Yup. Means nothing.
- Did I miss a penalty? Why are the Habs spending so much time flailing around in their zone?
- Habs out-shot 10-2. So far it seems the Habs picked up right where they left off with Vancouver. Completely depending on their goalie.
- DD tries to be like Captain Patches and is the next to head to the penalty box.
- Sooo...that pp%...turns out, they are pretty good at it.
- Cam Atkinson makes it 1-0 for Columbus.
- Make that 2-0.
- Perhaps a little help for Al, hey fellas? He’s not used to doing headstands like Price is.
- Oh. My. God.
- A poor clearing attempt by Petry makes it three goals in a span of three minutes.
- Perhaps Mr. Price will make an appearance tonight after all.
- That cannon has got to go.
- Did you have a nap during the intermission guys? Maybe a little less sleepy?
- Columbus heads to the power play again. You know. The best pp% in the league.
- Expecting to start tomorrow, Price didn’t even skate today. Poor Al has no help.
- Looked like the Habs were going to be down by (ugh) five but THANKFULLY the goal was overturned after the review showed it was kicked in.
- Gallagher takes a high sticking penalty, knocking out Wennberg’s teeth. Have you not learned anything tonight? Penalties = very, very bad.
- Why not go for it and make it a four minute penalty? Gally never does anything half-assed.
- I simply refuse to tell you what the score is now. Not. Doing. It.
- We are now 6-0 folks. Six-and-oh Lord.
- A teeny glimpse of a superhero in the shadows. Pacing the tunnel. Stretching. Carey Price is awesome. You didn’t actually think you’d be free of that did you?
- What’s that noise? Oh, that hysterical laughter is coming from me as the tally hits seven for Columbus. Seven.
- Lukas Sedlak is the only Columbus forward without a point tonight. Terrible!
- Maybe the first two periods was just a horrible, horrible nightmare...
- *peeks through one eye * Nope. Still 8-0.
- I’ve reached the acceptance stage. Although, it could be the beer talking.
- I say that, but if it was Price in net, I’d be screaming bloody murder. Not denying it.
- Poor Montoya is trending right now.
- Columbus makes it 9-0. Crowd is chanting we want ten!
- Habs fans are chanting we want one!
- Give the people what they want. Remember those double digits I mentioned earlier? This is not what I was talking about.
- Tempers flare with seven minutes left to the game. A little late to finally show a little fire fellas.
- Habs lose in dramatic fashion. Ending their winning streak with a 10-0 loss.
- Well, we all knew the Habs were due for a loss. Boy did they go all in.
EOTP 3 Stars
Third star: 5-0
Second star: 7-0
First star: 10-0