For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- It’s time to go duck hunting.
- What the...the Anaheim Ducks are in a wild card spot? Oh right, they made the brilliant decision to hire Randy Carlyle.
- Late night games are the worst. The Habs better win this one.
- Montreal started this game with a bang while Randy Carlyle’s team looked like a team that was well, coached by a Randy Carlyle.
- Early momentum came crashing to a halt when the Habs got an early power play.
- Torrey Mitchell - is he the most unlucky Hab this year? Poor guy just seems to get slashed, elbowed or high-sticked in the face, at least once every game.
- Shaw vs Perry. Let’s be real, there was no way these two were NOT not going to fight.
- Habs outshot the Ducks to high heaven...of course this means that the Ducks scored first. Thanks
- And just to rub salt in our wounds, the Ducks scored on the power play because of course they would. Montreal: 0, Anaheim’s Flukey PP: 1
- “Fun fact, Carey Price only has one career win against the Ducks”. Thanks Ducks broadcast.
- Having apparently learned their lesson from the first period, the Habs decided to do the exact opposite of that in the second.
- Seriously, all Carey Price is missing is superman’s cape right now.
- Unfortunately, a fowl duck ended up being his kryptonite.
- Taking pity on
the HabsPrice, the Hockey Gods mercifully let time run out before the Ducks could pot another one.
- This entire period in a nutshell:
It's like Price is the only one playing— Mike (@HabsLaughs) November 30, 2016
- I can’t believe I’m staying up to watch this game. Please Habs, give me one reason to feel good about watching this game.
- Need to kill a 5-on-3? Montreal’s penalty killers are your guys.
- The Canadiens didn’t like the way second period Habs played, so they decided to go with first period Habs again.
- This is your mandatory ‘Carey Price = awesome sauce’ reminder.
- The Habs should have denied their power plays. The team didn’t even put a shot on net on their last attempt.
- Price is pulled for a sixth attacker and it works! Shaw puts the Habs on the board and ruins Gibson’s shutout bid. Take that you, Perry and Kesler infested Ducks!
- PDO giveth, PDO taketh away.
- (and also Andrew Shaw).
EOTP Three Stars
1. Ha ha.
2. Take my rec.
Habs Highlight of the Night
Price being Price: