Montreal Canadiens news and notes
- Associate coach Kirk Muller is helping Max Pacioretty expand his game beyond the shoot-first mentality. Notice that his shots per game are down this year. [TSN]
- The Montreal captain isn't scoring right now, but it’s not cause for panic as long as he doesn't stray too far from his game. After all, #67 didn't string together 30 and 39 goal seasons by playing the grinder role. [TSN 690]
- Artturi Lehkonen and Zach Redmond could be making their respective returns to the lineup soon, skated ahead of the team once again.
- Andrei Markov has been the subject of much criticism over the last few years, but the veteran defenseman knows he still has work to do and assures this season won't be his last. [JDM]
- Elliot Friedman sees the Montreal Canadiens as an "all in" team that will likely be looking to add more to the team than just a top 4 defenseman, possibly Martin Hanzal. [Fan Rag Sports]
- With the Expansion Draft approaching faster than GMs might like, we take a look at Marc Bergevin's likely plan of action for his core players, as well as which players outside that realm he may choose to protect or expose. [EOTP]
- Having only suited up for 18 games in a Canadiens jersey, Alex Radulov has certain made an impression.
No room to make my case in story, but I believe Alexander Radulov is on track to become most important free agent signing in Habs history— Аrpon Basu (@ArponBasu) November 22, 2016
- Caroline Ouellette, four-time Olympic gold-medalist and assistant captain of les Canadiennes de Montréal, hopes to inspire young women through life lessons she's earned from playing hockey. [The Concordian]
Around the league and elsewhere
- With teams protecting their best players from the upcoming Expansion Draft, there's no doubt that the Las Vegas GM will have his work cut out for him come Draft Day and beyond. TSN took their first stab at a mock draft and the results were...interesting. [TSN]
- What's in a name? The NHL has expanded by a whopping 13 teams in the last 25 years, but how exactly do they go about selecting their names? [Sportsnet]
- It’s been confirmed: the Red Wings will share the new Little Caesar’s Arena with the Detroit Pistons as of next season. [WIIM]
- Should GMs be taking a closer look at the Finnish league for young prospects? Though the sample size has been small, draft picks like Patrik Laine and Jesse Puljujarvi certainly backs up the idea. [Sportsnet]
- The final bids to host the 100th Memorial Cup have yet to be heard, but a strong case is being made to bring the cup to Oshawa, ON. [Bloggers Tribune]