For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Montreal said they owe Montoya after last time out...and boy do they ever. Let’s hope they deliver tonight...
Did you know the Habs haven’t won in Chicago in 14 years? Because that’s going to go well tonight...
- Andrew Shaw says hello to Corey Crawford right off his first shift
- Who’s Terrion? Oooh you mean Therrien....that’s not going to get annoying super fast or anything...
- Why Habs. Why this. Why would you give the Hawks a power play already. At least the Blackhawks’ power play is...not good right this second. Sloppy passing there Hawks, very sloppy.
- Watching Emelin guard Kane one-on-one was the most terrifying thing I’d seen in a while, and yet it turned out ok. Amazing.
- Not gonna lie, I’d be ever so tickled if Shaw scored a goal or two tonight.
- AHHHH HABS PLEASE DON’T DO THAT you’ll make me Panik.
- Eww Habs, why. Now I have to listen to that blasted song...I hate that song so much...It’s going to be stuck in my head all night now...
- Yes. Tell us how spectacular Shea Weber’s +/- is, and how incredibly important that is.
- Pacioretty’'s pass to Shaw, boy can the Captain play the puck. That’s pretty.
- The Hawks have had a hard time penalty killing this season, so naturally they’re flawless against the Habs.
- Oh geez not Pacioretty...why, hockey gods...whyyyyyy.
- ...How did that Weber shot go in...how...oh man. Wow that was unexpected. But what a nice start to the period. First Carr’s chance, now Weber.
- Hahaha Al Montoya has two assists before Price has one. Poor Carey.
- I’m not sure if I’m desperately relieved that Pacioretty is back, or scared that he’s playing right after getting a Weber shot to the face...
- Chucky’s pass...Byron’s speed, the General’s finish. Wow. Just wow. That’s how you start a period.
- Damn it Marian. Nate, dear Nate, don’t leave Marian Hossa all by himself in front of the net.
- Apparently Hossa’s goal puts him past Jean Beliveau for 40th all time in scoring, so naturally it happened against the Habs.
- It had to be Kane. It just had to be Kane didn’t it. And it had to be pretty.
- The Habs look a bit like a team that played last night. Which...of course, they did.
- ...Montoya doesn’t look ok...that...that’s not good...
- ....and he stays in, so hopefully he’s ok?? I dunno. I don’t have a good feeling about this.
- Habs, letting the Blackhawks in home free on Montoya is not helping out your goalie.
- Crawford absolutely robs Shaw. it would have been so beautiful if Shaw had had the tying goal...
- Habs please help your goalie... Letting Panarin in all by himself is NOT helping him.
- Montoya comes out swinging on Hartman! Wow, that was unexpected
- Don’t mind that high pitched noise, that’s just me freaking out over here.
- That is too many close calls on that empty net for my health.
- Noooooo Chucky gets robbed by Crawford. He’s been ridiculous all night.
- And the Canadiens fall short 3-2.
Habs highlight of the night
The General shows off his sniping skills: