For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
- What do we say to the God of Losing? Not today.
- Oh what’s this, our top pairing is Webelin? Michel you were doing so well...
- Sigh, I need a drink.
- Rather unusually, today we see the debut of not a rookie player, but a rookie referee. This is going to end well.
- Usain Byron or Paul Bolt? Discuss.
- Montreal’s power play can generously be referred to as a work in progress. But at least the team isn’t handling the puck as if it’s a live grenade anymore. #babysteps
- Wasn’t bringing in Shea Weber and Andrew Shaw supposed to prevent the type of hit that Andrei Markov just took? Why hasn’t the Canadiens’ leadership forcefield activated yet?
- As amazing as it has been to have Carey Price back in net, even he couldn’t save this period from being the borefest that it was.
- The Habs have reverted to their "throw a hail mary pass & pray" technique. It’s as effective as you’d think.
- Shea Weber’s shot destroyed Brayden Schenn’s stick and still found its way into the back of the net. I pity the poor souls who think they are brave enough to try and block one of MAN MOUNTAIN’s shots.
- Alex Radulov might just have drawn his first penalty of the season, after having approximately 1283761470 calls go against him.
- Never liked that Giroux. No wonder he was left off Team Canada.
- Tomas Plekanec needs to hire a shaman. He’s so cursed right now.
- Everyone needs more Radulov in their lives:
- Andrew Shaw doesn’t wear a visor. Hmm, that doesn’t seem like a smart thing to do.
- Icings. More icings. Followed by more icings. I wish I was making this up.
- Montreal’s patented dump & chase strategy is back in all its former glory. I mean, who doesn’t like watching a team protect a lead that doesn’t exist in the third period, by any means possible?
- The Flyers be trippin (literally).
- Sigh, here comes Montreal’s power pl...holy shit Radulov 2-1 Montreal, omg wat everything is happening?!1!!! I don’t care if it went off Gallagher’s stick, that goal was all friggin Radulov!
- M.T. Nett meet Alex Radulov (and yes, this one is actually his goal).
EOTP Three Stars
3. Almost the entire third period in a nutshell:
2. It had to start somewhere:
1. From Russia with love:
Habs highlight of the night
Shea Weber’s point shot goes THROUGH Schenn’s stick on the way to the goal.