For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
Sidney Crosby is back. And I don't just mean back in Montreal, I mean back. 12 points in 11 games. Let's make him merely a point a game player. Although, if we've got to lose, I'd rather lose to the Penguins firing on all cylinders than say...the Lightning... On the other hand, let's not lose at all...
- Sid vs Desharnais....this is basically Lars Eller and Paul Byron vs Sidney Crosby.
- Oh lord Emelin. You do not lose Crosby. Do. Not. *sigh*
- This powerplay looks much more the way a Pittsburg powerplay ought to look. Condon coming up big. If Emelin could not do that again, I'd be very appreciative.
- GOOD JOB MIKE. Forget about god mode. This is Price mode.
- Which is good...because...the Habs...wow... not good...
- *looks at advanced stats*
- *wants to cry*
- The ice time is quite surprising so far.
- Also that powerplay actually looks like a powerplay.
- Paul Byron almost had a breakaway. That was almost nice.
- Subban is so good at getting under Crosby's skin
- Habs actually appear to have remembered that there's a game they should be playing in.
- Aaand I say that and Mitchell does a thing. *more sighing*
- Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Letang. That's still gross. I am no longer offended by the Penguins' terrible powerplay. Now they need to stop.
- I would appreciate if the Habs would actually play good hockey...
- Like Eller. Eller's playing good hockey. But that never seems to mean anything to anyone so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- HOLY CRAP THAT HAPPENED SO FAST I TOTALLY MISSED IT (me and the Penguins both). THE ROCKET IS BACK.
- Listen to the crowd chanting P.K.'s name.
- Wow. Pateryn. MT...I'm with you on that one. What WAS that.
- Oh Torrey. Why.
- Everyone making terrible, weird mistakes... this needs to stop....pronto...
- Kudos to Therrien for having Pateryn out again immediately and repeatedly, including on the PK.
- The Habs' penalty kill remains a thing of beauty. A kill against a lethal powerplay is even more satisfying than the average successful penalty kill.
- Did…they just say...you don’t think of Crosby as a finesse player??? Did…I hear that correctly? I did. WOW. WOW. And now they're talking about +/- as an indicator of defensive ability. Wow. *facepalm*
- This period has looked much better from the Habs.
- Emelin and Smith-Pelly had a good shift, of all people.
- One day someone will call all those penalties Eller should be drawing. But apparently today is not that day.
- That icing call against the Penguins was 100% because of Eller. But ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- What weird parallel universe is this? 13 minutes left in the third, and Eller already has 13 minutes.
- WHAT DOES ELLER HAVE TO DO TO DRAW A PENALTY. That's THREE they didn't call in one game. One.
- ...What a joke, refs.
- CONDON. (Are we sure Price isn't wearing 39 and a ginger wig?)
- Barberio just tied up Crosby that was impressive.
- Daniel Carr with the nifty wrap-around move for a good chance.
- That was a brief and beautiful sighting of Eller-Galchenyuk-Andrighetto on the powerplay.
- Three icings in a row against the Penguins. Are they doing their best Habs impression?
- GHETTO, ELLER, GALCHENYUK SIGHTING. And it was a good one.
- They're going to score an empty netter.
- *heavy sigh*
- Well, Crosby is "only" a point a game now, but I'd rather have had the two points.
3. Looks like Spock is a Habs fan
2. One last joke about P.K. Subban's one goal on the year ...
3. ... thanks to Wilson
- Condon starts the game out with a huge save
- Subban busts his slump with a rocket
- Michel Therrien might have a headache
- Condon robs Crosby