For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recaps are up the morning after every game.
So, I'm really sleepy, and therefore a little bit grumpy. Last time I started out hating everything, and the Habs beat Tampa Bay. Can the grumpy magic strike twice? Here's to hoping. The Habs very much need to get a winning streak going.
Gallagher's back, and that might just be enough to make everything better again.
City of brotherly love my a....foot. my foot.
- You know who I miss? Ryan White, that's who.
- Distraction of the cameras? They always have cameras. Does no one remember they have 24CH always? Apparently not.
- That might be the first time in a really, really long time that the first icing of the game isn't by the Habs.
- Lars Eller thinks you attempts to keep the Habs out of the zone are silly.
- Ryan White also thinks your attempts to get the Flyers out of the offensive zone are silly.
- I hate everything. Why this.
- At least they're playing good hockey. So naturally.*
- Yes twelve million hockey apps, I know the Flyers scored first.
- Flash was so close, so naturally the post. Because we're back to this.
- Habs get the first powerplay, so naturally, they're going to get five shots, which will all hit both posts and stay out. Because why not.
- Habs powerplay 0 for 38 against the Flyers. Streaks exist to be broken.
- Or, you know, not.
- Desharnais on the powerplay, because reasons. Flynn on the powerplay, again, because reasons. #JustTherrienThings.
- Is Therrien TRYING to sabotage his own powerplay? Because boy howdy those lines.
- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA "If they're going to try to catch those Florida Panthers" Who saw that coming at the beginning of the season.
- Maybe don't let Giroux stand in front of the net all by himself.
- Ryan White winning things against Desharnais shouldn't make me quietly amused, but here we are.
- Alex Galchenyuk and Mark Barberio think your 1-0 lead is silly and should go away. I agree.
- The ice time is a joke, but Galchenyuk has scored. Because that's what he does.
- White's gonna score. I can feel it in my bones. Or, you know, in the way that the Desharnais line looks against him.
- Benefit of the whistle.
- The cameras are always around people. 24CH is a thing. It's been a thing for years.
- Wake up Habs. I'm going to stop caring pretty soon.
- You know who I haven't noticed so far? Voracek. Which means he's guaranteed to score now. Great.
- There's nothing quite like a good penalty kill. Is it weird that I feel that way? It's just so satisfying.
- Yeah you deserved that Habs. Best name on the Flyers scores. Good flow too.
- Wow. That's a dumb. Subban gets a penalty for...reasons. Clearly.
- I still really love Ryan White. I'm so glad the Ginger Hulk found a home.
- I also really love Nathan Beaulieu.
- Hey boss, can I go watch the Penguins game instead? Crosby is scoring again.
- Barbario is pretty great.
- OOOOH White penalty. Will he spark the Habs? Stay tuned...Yeah not so much.
- The fourth line really wants a goal. That's the most buzz I've seen from the Habs all game.
- GOD BLESS GALLY. That's a pretty nifty pass from Emelin. Good for him.
- ...Emelin did another good. What is going on.
- Thank you Whitey. Power play Habs.
- Oh look, a first wave PP unit that doesn't make me sigh in frustration.
- That second unit though. Wow MT. Wow.
- ...Emelin did ANOTHER good thing?
- See, that's more the Emelin I'm used to. Sorry dude.
- Barberio is fast. Also good at hockey. Thanks for him Tampa.
- The consensus seems to be that everyone still loves Ryan White. But we're all perfectly happy to love him in Philly.
- Tiny teeny Byron tries to get into the grill of Gudas.
- Pretty sure the Habs' right wing is cursed like the Defence Against the Dark Arts position.
- Barberio though!!!
- Poor Ben. Both starts his team went Edmonton Oilers on him.
- A friend of mine sarcastically asked what secret stat Desharnais so excels at to get so much ice time. I told her JTTs per 60. #JustTherrienThings
- They're gonna get an empty netter.
- Video review?
- START THE CARRRRRRRRR.
- I mean, 4-3 is a lot less grumpy making than 4-2.
EOTP 3 Stars
2. Interesting theory.
1. Best sleeper agent in the league, but it wasn't enough.
- Alex Galchenyuk tips in a Mark Barberio point shot
- Brendan Gallagher scored because of course he did
- Daniel Carr shows incredibly quick hands to grab the puck and sneak it past Neuvirth