Montreal Canadiens News and Notes
- The Canadiens are in a precarious position right now, with their grasp on a playoff spot being tenuous at best. With this slump threatening to derail the team, Marc Bergevin is the man to look to for answers. [Journal Métro]
- Bob McKenzie shared his thoughts on why Jarred Tinordi's value may have depreciated, and why Bergevin might have a tough time firing Michel Therrien. But these reasons haven't pacified frustrated fans, as both Habs Breakfast and Tony Marinaro can attest. [TSN 690 | McKenzie | Habs Breakfast | Marinaro]
- Perhaps the Canadiens faithful feel extra frustrated right now because the team has not been this bad in quite a while. [Montreal Gazette]
- The Canadiens need to trust Alex Galchenyuk at centre. Despite Therrien's reservations, Galchenyuk has performed more than adequately in his new role, and should be given a chance to play with the best wingers Montreal has to offer. [Sportsnet]
- Hey, country songs are definitely not embarrassing! Back me up on this one, fellow EOTPers.
Around The League and Elsewhere
- Canada's largest hockey broadcasters might soon be facing a nightmare scenario: a playoff series with no Canadian teams involved! [Pension Plan Puppets]
- Detroit Red Wings goaltender Petr Mrazek has found his form, after having a couple of rough couple of seasons with the team. [NHL Numbers]
- Speaking of general managers who've looked into doing something to improve their teams, Vancouver Canucks' GM Jim Benning shared his thoughts on how to go about it. [Canucks Army]
- The Edmonton Oilers have seemingly found an answer to their goaltending conundrum. [TSN]
- Here's how you can help support Denna Laing of the Boston Blades!