For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recap are up the morning after every game.
So, this will be fun. After the announcement yesterday, I'm excited to see what this men's hockey thing is all about.
- A lot on Francis Bouillon's retirement. What a career and story for someone who was small in the moarbig era. Weird that RDS is focusing so much on a guy from New York, though.
- I'd hang with Torrey Mitchell.
- I didn't miss Benoit Brunet.
- A ceremony, too? Wow. Where was this for Steve Begin? In all honesty, he could probably be a top-four guy on the Blackhawks tonight.
- Sara Diamond is back.
- Playoff hero Scott Darling gets the start for Chicago.
- I have a feeling I'm going to have to look up the spelling on 75% of the Blackhawks tonight.
- Who in the world is Pierre-Cedric Labrie and why is he on the notable try out list?
- Nathan Beaulieu continues to be really good. Nice rush there.
- Daniel Paille has an A. But no contract. That's... awkward.
- Ryan Johnston has NHL-level puck skills, at least on the one time I noticed he had the puck. Nice breakout pass.
- Brendan Gallagher has one speed. I love it.
- If Zack Kassian and Torrey Mitchell is a thing, the Habs have definitely had worse 4th lines.
- Carey Price bailing out Lernout.
- Bring back Daigneault for the penalty kill!
- No bailing out Lernout this time. Tough start for him. No chance for Carey. Emelin also wasn't great. But, what's his excuse?
- Someone named Garret Ross scored on Carey Price.
- Say it with me: I will not overreact to a pre-season game. I will not overreact to a pre-season game.
- Ohhhh. BAUN. Here I thought Pierre Houde was saying Bong the whole time.
- Alexei Emelin is one of the worst players on the ice. Let that sink in. There's a guy named Ville Pokka out there.
- Poor Nathan Beaulieu. Lernout beat again. Price makes the save this time.
- Can they cut guys during the intermission and replace them for the rest of the game?
- Brian Flynn in the shootout yesterday. First line today. I'm not saying, I'm just saying...
- Devante Smith-Pelly drew a penalty. By getting behind a defender. I'm serious.
- Petry-Beaulieu-Plekanec-Gallagher-Flynn on the PP. One of these things is not like the other.
- That was a really nice play from Carr.
- Hudon-DSP-Carr-Johnston-Barberio. Ladies and gentlemen, your St. John's IceCaps power play.
- Still get more chances than the first wave.
- Brendan Gallagher, man.
- I think I like the Canadiennes more.
- Game Over. No, not this one. Talking about the Eric Gagne story. Well, yeah, probably this one too.
- Zack Kassian! I have high hopes.
- Umm. Carey? Carey? You OK, bro? That was a bad bounce.
- Carr with Plekanec and Gallagher. That's more like it.
- I wonder what would happen if the coaches switched for the third period.
- Charles Hudon. Holy moly.
- Daniel Carr! What a shot. Nothing but post.
- If you're in the mood for more pre-season hockey after this, Les Canadiennes make their debut in an exhibition game at Complexe Bell at 3 p.m. It's free.
- I think I'm going to re-name this Bottom Sixty Minutes. Editorial decision.
- Possession is 64-36 Chicago after two. Can someone turn Marc Denis's monitor to Therrien?
- Nobody get hurt. Nobody get hurt.
- Daniel Paille was holding two sticks at once. Who does he think he is? Alex Semin?
- The power play... doesn't... look... so... bad. That's nice.
- That was a dangerous hit on Johnston. Yeesh. Gabriel Dumont went after Ryan Garbutt and went to the locker room. Johnston, too.
- What a move by Petry. Wow.
- This Flynn-Hudon-Kassian line isn't bad. Huh.
- How in the world did they miss that? DSP is the new Bourque.
- Scott Darling is so big he makes saves by accident.
- Johnston's back. Thank goodness.
- That hit on Dumont seemed really high. Five minutes. Makes sense.
- Finishing the game off with a three minute power play. Let's see what you've got, Daigneault.
- This six-on-four is sad. Seriously sad. A fitting end to this game, though.