For our new readers and members, the Top Six Minutes is a continuation of the discussion in the game thread. We try to keep it light and entertaining. Full recap are up the morning after every game.
Win or lose, does it really matter? It's the damn pre-season. A player's paramount concerns in preseason games are; to not get hurt, and to play decent. There are some dudes trying as hard as possible to make a team, and all that jazz, but otherwise it's generally not the best. You know what is the best though? HOCKEY. HOCKEY IS BACK AND WOOOOO FOR THAT!
- HEY LOOK, THAT'S CAREY PRICE. WE GET TO WATCH CAREY PRICE DO CAREY PRICE THINGS!
- Carey Price doesn't do what Carey Price does for Carey Price... Carey Price does what Carey Price does because Carey Price IS Carey Price.
- Trying to break the record for Carey Price mentions in an article. Must be close already.
- When I see Alexei Emelin on the ice, even in the preseason, I quietly complain for no reason that he gets beat to the outside too much.
- Someone is going to beat that dude to the outside tonight.
- Michael McCarron looks like the Mountain on skates. He literally looks the exact same size to me as the Mountain from Game of Thrones. I'd like to apologize for like three years worth of me ranking him badly in the T25U25
- Hopefully there's no crazy ninja-princes on the Leafs...
- McCarron SCORES? Now I really need to apologize again for the way I've ranked him.
- Carey Price man, Carey Price.
- Devante Smith-Pelly isn't the worst hockey player I've ever watched. He's not the best hockey player I've ever watched either. He does appear to be a useful player for the Habs, so he gets one thumb up.
- Tim Bozon looks unbelievably good for a guy who had an absolutely horrific life-threatening illness not that long ago. Damn good.
- Carey Price leaves the game perfect, because he is and that's how it works.
- Hey Nylander, nobody cares. You couldn't do that on Price so whatever, man.
- I'm not saying it sucks to be Zachary Fucale, I mean he looks pretty good at hockey, but he also has to know it will be a good bit of time before he'd have a shot at starting for the Montreal Canadiens.
- Ummm, someone tell Emelin that it's the preseason and he doesn't need to take people's knees out. Or maybe just tell him not to do that in general. I don't know tell the man something.
- This game is very, very boring to me, but I can't even complain because I know that it's goddamn hockey season.
- All of the games can't be like this one, right?
- KNOCKS ON WOOD.
- Hey DSP I gave you a thumbs up earlier and now you want to take an offensive zone penalty with less than a minute on the clock in regulation? Props rescinded, bud.
- Jake Gardiner is a Justin Bieber fan, so his goals shouldn't count. Since that doesn't count, the game continues and goes to 3 on 3 right.? That's how that rule works isn't it?
- Leafs win, 2-1.
- Ah well. You won't do that in the regular season, Leafs.
- Knocks on wood.
Unfortunately there shan't be starts tonight, because we're still getting warmed up too. All three stars are therefore awarded to Mike McCarron so he doesn't decide to come and kill me for giving him unfavourable rankings.
Carey Price only has one setting: Vezina
Michael McCarron did a great job pouncing on the loose puck